Titans Contacting Available WRs

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Keeferdog, Aug 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

10 pages of thread vs you just telling me...hmmm

2. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

I would. I would not pay $7 mil a year for a guy who will likely only get about 850 yards. That's a sure way to get us in cap hell. I would rather spend 10 mil a year on Haynesworth than 7 mil a year on Berrian or 6 on Stallworth.

3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Yep... you better get to reading.

4. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

One player getting payed 7 million isn't going to put you in "cap hell." We have tons of room to make moves.

5. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Thats still not a legitimate reason to waste it..

And I'm not going to read around to figure out who you wanted in the draft, the point is there were no #1 receivers in this draft class, there wasn't even a receiver drafted in the 1st round alone, which according to you is where the highest probability to get a #1 is at.

6. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I wanted DeSean Jackson ok?

So you know for a fact there was no #1 receiver in the draft? As Gunny would say "we haven't seen any of them play yet so how would you know."

7. vslyke

When you pay a #2 WR 7 mil a year, it is a terrible use of money. Our LT gets 7 mil a year. Roos is much more valuable to this team than Berrian could ever be. Adn we have about 20 mil in cap room. So we would have 13 if we had Berrian. We have to resign Haynesworth next year, along with a bunch of other guys (LenDale's contract is coming up soon I think).

8. Nine

Nine Starter

Paying $7M/year for mediocre talent is exactly the sort of thing that gets teams into trouble.

No, overpaying one player isn't going to screw things up too badly. But where does it stop?

Right now, the general consensus is that one WR will put the team over the top. But what happens when that doesn't work? Then it becomes a cornerback. "If we just had that shutdown cornerback, we'd be unstoppable." So you go out and throw stupid money at a corner.

But then you "just need one more LB".....then it's a DT....then OG.....and pretty soon, the team's cap is in shambles, and all they have to show for it is a bunch of overpaid, second-rate players.

There's never a good time to practice bad management.

9. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

That's not quite how it works.

I wouldn't say that. I still think we need a corner but we need more than just 1 receiver. Have you seen how sorry our receiving group is?

10. vslyke

It was a generalization. Probably we pay way more the first year and then pay much less the other 6 years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar