Titans @ Cowboys Preseason OGT

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TennesseeTitans, Aug 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fannypack

fannypack Camp Fodder

Well they're my team regardless of any fancy names they've been given or media attention they attract.

I just know this offseason has been incredibly quiet compared to some of the others.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Nonsense? Maybe the refs part but you're delusional if you couldn't see that they went deep in to their playbook while we just lined up and ran the basics.

We played it like a backyard football game (like most preseason games are played) and the 'Boys were running everything they had. Misdirection every other play- reverses- all kinds of stuff trying their hardest to win that one.

Granted it shouldnt have mattered. We still should dominate their starters, BUT... they came to play like it was their championship game . And it basically was. I don't care how talented they may be- their coach is one of-if not the worst in the league.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

hey fannypack, i give ur team the utmost credit for winning a PRESEASON GAME.... yall are superbowl bound.... i especially like how your team rebounded from their first PRESEASON game where they got BLOWN OUT by the JOKE of the NFL, the OKLAND RAiDERS.

congrats on being 1-1 in the PRESEASON.... maybe yall will make the playoffs this year

4. tex-titan

tex-titan Camp Fodder

Oh you mean he pulled the starters with 1 minute left to go in the half?

Time of posession:

Titans 7:50
    Cowboys 22:10

First three possessions were 3 and outs for a total of 17 yards.
    Finally we had one good drive of 69 yards (30 of which were given to us by Dallas in personal fouls.)

Dallas had 237 yards and missed an easy field goal.

If you want to believe that we did great and pat ourselves on the back for a great showing then keep smoking it and live in your fantasy world.

I will just be glad we aren't in the regular season yet and we don't play in the NFC East.

5. fannypack

fannypack Camp Fodder

You and the other guy above ya, thanks for completely proving part of the point I'm making. It's the PRESEASON, so why is this thread riddled with people acting like the sky is falling?

Stay with me here, maybe it *does* matter, because afterall, our first team units went head to head for almost a full 2 quarters minus about a minute.

Other than that, I never mentioned anything about a Superbowl. Some of you guys are really irrational, stop being butt hurt over it. Be more upset with your own team rather than try to discredit our performance by throwing out lame excuses like "We went deep into our playbook". How in gods name is a reverse deep into our playbook?

Secondly, we were blown out by the Raiders, you got blown out by us, fair enough?

PRESEASON.

PRESEASON.

The Lions had a 4-0 last preseason, where did they end up?

The only reason why I bothered to register and post was because I didn't like some of the things I was hearing to try and discredit our play on the field. The only thing you had to say was that it was preseason and these things happen sometimes.

Bengals 7, Patriots 6... PRESEASON.

Fair enough?

6. jreal26

jreal26 Camp Fodder

People can talk about Pre-Season doesn't mean anything and in a sense it doesn't. It doesn't affect your record or your chance to make the playoffs. But what's on tape and what happens on the field doesn't change! You take away from the game what you see on tape and you make adjustments to your schemes and roster accordingly.

It's not the fact that we Lost the game, nobody really cares who wins or loses. It's how the players that will be called upon looked, and what type of mistakes were made. In our case we weren't outschemed out there. I wouldn't have a problem with our effort if we were in fact outschemed. We were out played physically! When Dallas ran the ball their OL overmatched our DL. That has nothing to do with what play was called or what adjustments are made. It showed you how a matchup can and will go with a big physical OL.

Physically Dallas is an imposing Offensive Team. They have a number of weapons and their OL is massive and very strong at the point of attack. This is evidenced by them moving the line of scrimmage on most every running play. In 07 and 08 this would not have been the case because of the presence of Albert Haynesworth. The Dallas game is a reality check for how we will conduct business on D. We missed Jason Jones out there and we will have to scheme more to stop the run. But physically we are not an imposing Defensive Line against the run. We have good players along the line but no one that Elite teams will gameplan against for the run or pass.

Dallas proved that physically they can be dominate against a DL such as ours. Our DL can now be considered an undersized unit that will come at you in waves. An advantage we will have as a DL is that we will be able to rotate our guys and keep them fresh. In the 4th Qtr this could pay dividends when we match fresh rushers against an OL. This is why we won't no exactly how we look until opening night. But the fact is our run defense should concern us. And our ability to get to the QB must improve as a whole.

Offensively it may take time for the passing game to get completely in sync but the running game needs to show up quickly. As a defense last year we gave up a mere 14pts a game! That's a feat that is not likely to happen this year. Offensively we can't afford to take a step back.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

If you were here every week you'd realise that it's either "we are going to the Superbowl" threads or "this is a wasted season and [insert player/coach name] sucks and should be [cut/fired]" threads usually started by the same handful of posters.

I imagine you have similar members on which ever Cowboys message board you frequent.

8. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Honestly we all cherry pick during preseason. If we dominate a game then we say were looking good this year and if we suck then we sayoh it's preseason there not trying.

9. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

how do you know the cowboys didnt game plan more? i know fisher hasn't been putting together a game plan for these preseason games like a regular season game, he has said so himself. the plan is to go out and execute and as far as that goes sure the cowboys did better then we did at that. although i'm sure jerry jones wanted to open that stadium with a win and i dont blame him, i would too. so for that reason i would say he game planned a little more than we did. congratulations on a practice game victory

10. Coov

Coov Starter

The Browns will make us feel better on Saturday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar