Titans, Crumpler working on deal

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans News, Mar 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. el_darax

el_darax Camp Fodder

ding ding ding

WINNAR

I honestly believe this happens alot........Obviously we don't get to see the practice or preperation/work ethic these guys put out, but Fish consistently hates on the newbie. I'm surprised Kenny and CJ got to play even with their talent level :p

The only "positive" I see in this (auto benching new guy) is to force them to develop and mold. But who knows how's that going.

I really hope Cook gets some playtime next year :/

2. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

From what I saw during the Preseason Dominique Edison looked like he at least deserved to step on the field once or twice this season.
    i wonder if this is a way to get players to resign cheap. Keep them on the bench for 2-3 years and then say, well we will resign you but you haven't earned a hefty payday yet. Then sign them cheap, make them play their guts out, and draft their replacements to sit and learn for two years.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

So how then do we explain chris johnson's 2200 yards the last 2 years? Did he ride the pine in favor of the more experienced player?

Kenny Britt a 20 year old leading the team in WR stats?

Jevon Kearse sit the bench as a rookie?

How about Michael Roos, did he ride the pine?

Scaife was a 5th rd pick and had 37 catches as a rookie.

Didn't Michael griffen start as a rookie?

How many years did Eddie George sit the bench behind a more experienced player?

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

How many rookie starters on the Saints championship team?

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Occasionally Fisher sees undeniable talent and runs it into the ground ending a career early.

Really started to shine while Washington was hurt. Lost playing time to Washington and disapeared as soon as injured vet returned.

A rare bright spot for Fisher. Let him go at the right time. Wtf did he bring him back for?

Who else could we have played?

Yeah that was post cap hell when we no WR with experience.

Yes highly rated Safety was started as a CB :eh?:

See Chris Johnson

6. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

I hope cook has been eating his wheaties this offseason.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Dude you made a definitive statement that Jeff Fisher does not play inexperienced players. Now you are saying that in some circumstances that is not true?

You didn't say unless..

According to one very uninformed poster the simple fact that Cook is 6'5 and had a 41 vertical is enough to play him. 88 times teams passed on Jared cook before we drafted him. I guess they were not convinced of his automatic stud status.

Maybe the reason he lasted until the third rd is the same reason he didn't play more. Could that be possible?

You are in agreement with the duece on this one. Is that where you want to be?

8. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

He he he

A blanket statement is always wrong in the long term.

We all know Fishers MO though. He's not really bad but he's not really good either.

I don't recall anyone ever complaining that Fisher is playing a rookie over a better vet.

Wtf was JMac doing ion the field last year. I'd start Tulloch from day one with Bulluck beside him than let Fowler see the roster.

Scaife and Crumpler were no doubt the best players available last season but it makes fiscal sense to let Scaife go and see what else we have.

9. Fishman35

Fishman35 Starter

Just pay Alge in cheesebugers and he will re-sign. :headbang:

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

extra cheeseburgers involved if he doesnt fumble in the playoffs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar