Titans, Crumpler working on deal

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans News, Mar 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Blue

Titans Blue Camp Fodder

I still have nightmares of him turning up field and the ball popping out.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

and produces every time he gets the chance.

BUT what kind of silly logic is this? Who cares if a guy seems to make the most of the few opportunities he gets. Right?

Funny thing is, all we heard was praise all camp. Jared Cook did this, Jared Cook did that, Jared Cook will be a force and will cause many mismatches - THIS FROM THE COACHES, not just fans.

So preseason came... and wow. This Jared Cook guy is the real deal.

So regular season came...

and he never gets to play.

Our coach is Corky from Life Goes On.

3. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

"New News"

The Patriots are hosting TE Alge Crumpler for a free agent visit.

New England is the first team to show serious interest in Crumpler. He is a punishing blocker, a quality the Pats value first and foremost in tight ends.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

You all remember Cook had a high-ankle sprain that pretty much shut him down the first month of the season and into October, right? They were talking in late October that he still wasn't 100% from it. He then had the concussion in December.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

All I have to say is I hope Stevens becomes worth that 3rd round pick.

I'd just assume keep Crumpler for cheap but then what's the point of keeping the 3rd round blocking TE on the bench.

6. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

I say let go of Bo. He's nothing special and Cook can give no drop off in production while crumpler( who has had a stellar career) can continue to mentor him while continuing his role of blocker.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

yes CJ was not the starter to begin 2008. Averaged 16 carries a game as a rookie. Fatboy had 200 carries in 2008, and 90% of the important ones - 3rd and short + goalline. I have not a clue what you are referencing with 2200 yards the last 2 years. CJ has just under 4000 yards from scrimmage in his 30 starts and 31 games.

Britt started less than half the games, and leading the Titans WRs in stats is kinda like being the best looking chick left in the bar at 0200.

Probably JFs finest choice. Of course JF had a mancrush on Kearse from day 1, and rightfully so!

yep Fisher had him suit up all 16 games at RIGHT TACKLE, a position he did not play in college. Seems like there was a useless POS veteran Twitch Hopkins leading the 4-12 Titans at LT.

Scaife started 5 games and had under 300 yards recieving. Would love it if Cook would have had the same oppertunity.

Griffin got to start 10 games as a rookie, after JF wasted a whole TC playing him at CB. Lowery started ahead of Griffin, probably because JF wasted his TC.

EG did not play third downs as a rookie, and he did not like it. Ronnie Harmon was the third down back and Rodney Thomas was used on a lot of passing downs.

You want a good example of JF playing a rookie then Kearse an all world athlete springs too mind as an easy example and Finnegan. The examples of JF wasting a roster spot with a washed up veteran are numerous. The examples of JF playing a more talented rookie in place of "his guys" are rare - and that is the point.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Who had more carries in 08 and 09 the more experienced RB or the younger guy? So that defies anybody who says that fisher automatically plays the more experienced guy.

As for Britt he had 17 catches in the first 5 games. Here is the youngest guy in the whole league playing from day one. He had 4 catches in his first nfl game.

Who played more in 07 the more experienced Lowry or the rookie Griffin?

And who gives a flying crap if Eddie George didn't play third downs way back in 1996? who in the bleep cares? Ok you got me there Jeff fisher is an idiot for not demanding that Eddie play both RB and WR at the same time. Eddie was so blazing fast and talented. WTF!

Didn't Tank Williams start every game as a rookie in 2002? I believe he did.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Other stupid coaches..

Bill Cowher a total f'ing idiot for sitting James Harrison for 3 years.

Bill Belichick for starting Vince Wilfork only 6 games as a rookie.

I wonder if drew bledsoe had never been hurt in 2001 how long that idiot Belichick would have sat a hall of fame QB on the bench. Another 2-3 years? He's a moron!

Tony Dungy, moron for only starting Reggie Wayne for half a season in 01. Wayne only had 27 catches and none his first 3 games.

All those coaches should have been fired on the spot!

Sean Payton didn't start a single rookie last year. Fisher like moron!

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Damn fisher's fault for getting him injured and wasting his God like talent!

How in the hell would you know?

Cook had 15 passes thrown his way, caught 9 of them for 7 yards a pop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar