Titans Crushed by Cowboys 45-14

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Oct 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Titans rookie QB Vince Young's debut as a starter in the NFL wasn’t enough to lift his over the Cowboys as Dallas routed Tennessee 45-14. Young was 14-for-29 for 155 yards while running five times for 3 yards. He had one TD along with two INTs and a fumble. "As far as how he (Young) did, I am sure he would like to have some throws back," said Titans coach Jeff Fisher. "But you see what he is capable of doing. He can run around and make plays and for his first outing I am sure he is probably disappointed. There is a lot of room for improvement." Defensively, the Titans gave up 217 yards rushing. Titans DT Albert Haynesworth was ejected early in the third quarter for intentionally stepping on the un-helmeted head of Cowboys C Andre Gurode. "Albert’s actions on the field were unacceptable," sais Fisher. "I have not seen the play. I have only been told of the play. If the league doesn’t handle it appropriately or if the league doesn’t handle it, the club will also handle it from a disciplinary standpoint."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar