Titans Crushed by Jaguars 37-7

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Nov 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Yeah I don't get it either, wet day and we throw heaps.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

and we are fully not listening.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Ok, ok,

The jags are the most awesome team ever at home. Better than the 85 bears. The same for the cowboys, colts, jets, dolphins and chargers. They are all too good for any mortal team to beat.

I want to personally thank jeff fisher for his incredible coaching skills because without the great fish we would be 0-8 this year. Fish might be 3-17 against the rest of the league over the last 2 seasons but he is 3-0 against the mighty texans.

Maybe next season we should considering playing a division 2 college schedule.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

been drinking again?

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well our runnign game was hitting a brick wall too, so it probably didn't matter much. I did find it odd we came out throwing on the first 3 downs (and going 3 and out as a result).

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I wasn't really giving us a good chance to win this game but I really thought with their QB situation we could play a decently close game. We absolutely stunk and I can't see how a good college team couldn't have done as well.

VY looked as bad as any QB I have seen at the NFL level. Many of the WR drops were due as much to the poorly thrown balls as much as anything. There were a few that were without excuse but one to Bennett was way behind Bennett. Many of VY's throws were also late and didn't arrive until the WR was in the middle of defenders. His ints were horrendous.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I hope he learns not to stare down a receiver soon.

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I've got to disagree. He had three INTs, which is way too much, but I didn't think any of them were horrible. One was off a tip, not his fault, and the other two were fantastic CB play. None of those three were particularly bad passes. Tight passes, but the WR had the chance to make the play. Should he have thrown them? Probably not. He took a few chances and made some mistakes. He's staring down his WR too much. It's going to happen, and he needs to learn. But I certainly wouldn't say the INTs themselves were terrible throws and all his fault.

That being said, his passing was bad yesterday. The rain clearly effected him and the WRs, and the result was ugly. We should have started with the run, continued with the run, and finished with the run. If nothing else, the clock would have run out sooner and we might have only lost 23 to nothing.

9. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

The first INT was his fault. The tip by Grant should have been Grant's pick, Young threw it straight to him. VY was lucky Grant didn't pick it and unlucky that Mathis did.

The other two picks were his fault too, for telegraphing those passes. It was a simple matter for Mathis and Starks to read VY and jump the routes.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Good thing VY still has his confidence (I think):

"My confidence is going to always be high," Young said. "You ain't got to never question it."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar