Titans Currently Tops in Kickoff Return

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Nov 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: So far this season, no one has been more successful returning kickoffs than the Tennessee Titans. The Titans are ranked first in average return (27.3) and average drive start (31-yard line). Chris Carr is second in kickoff return average (29.6) behind New England's Ellis Hobbs (30.3). Returning punts, Carr is ranked 12th with a 10.0 average. "Chris has a good feel for what we are doing and we have been blocking much better," Coach Jeff Fisher said. "We are grading out much higher than we were earlier in the season as far as assignments in both return areas."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. MDTitansFan

MDTitansFan Guest

if im not mistaken i heard ppl talking about carr should be replaced.he is doing a fine job

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I was shocked when I saw this. Best in the NFL? Man. Look at the list of the top 5, they've all had at least one really long return to bolster their stats. I'm impressed, and surprised.

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

We did start out slow, that's for sure. Maybe it was more about blocking than Carr. He still doesn't seem like a take it to the house guy, more like a super quick feet/cutting Bobby Wade type.

Ideally I think they'd want a CJ type back there with the added ability to take it to the house, but the offense is scoring more this year so at least we don't have to count on the ST's more for points. And Fisher loves the field position battle.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

This is suprising, I must have been infected by the posters here, because I had no idea.

6. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

we haven't had a TD, thats the only reason people are skeptical about Carr. But as the facts clearly state on paper, he is the best in the league currently. Very surprising.

7. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

I'm happy to hear this; the Carr signing was about the only one where most people were fairly indifferent, but I was quite pleased with it (maybe I was just influenced by that game where he picked off Roethlisberger and ran 80-something yards?)

And I'm even happier to know that it apparently wasn't going so great at the beginning of the year - even while we're undefeated, we're improving. Top notch.

8. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

i dont see how we are first, the first 5-6 games of the season we couldnt return punts past the 20 yard line. i remember watching returns just to see how often it happened and i swear it was the 20 yard line every time.

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

We had a couple games where we were returning kicks to the 35 and 40.

10. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

I know the Ravens game we never had good field position.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar