Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Titans cutting Griffin?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Upright7, Mar 21, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. Upright7 Special Teams Standout

Wilson
    Moolah:
    $1,572
    Does anyone know how much it would cost to cut Michael Griffin now? How much cap space does this free up? Rouston Webster is now talking about "having options" after signing Pollard. Would this be a bad move as far as morale goes? I am convinced the only reason Griffin is still here is because he cooperated with the FO last year during the tag and contract talks.
  2. Ensconatus Namaste

Brown
    Moolah:
    $24,335
    ..... No. We didn't keep him on past the week to guarantee his pay to end up cutting him... Can this finally get thru? HE'S A TITAN THIS YEAR.
    Fry, TorontoTitanFan, The Hammer and 2 others high five this.
  3. SawdustMan Pro Bowler

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $12,940
    I don't know what it would cost/save us. But I don't see any way he gets cut this season. First off, it would make the FO look like complete morons for signing him to a big fat extension just one year ago. Secondly, he's shown he can play at a pretty high level when the line is getting fairly consistent pressure on the QB. As much as I can't believe I'm saying this, I think he deserves another chance with all the pieces we're adding. We've already given him the contract. Might as well try to get something out of it.
  4. Jwill1919 Coach

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $2,320
    Or trade his bum for something?
  5. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,150
    We're not cutting him til next year, he's uncuttable at this time

now next year, we can cut him and save $2.6M
  6. SawdustMan Pro Bowler

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $12,940

If we could get something decent in return, sure. But based on his tape from the past couple years I can't see anyone really wanting to trade for him honestly. It's mind-blowing that we even gave him that contract. But alas we did. So I figure we might as well give him one more year with improved talent around him to see if he can still get it done or if he's just officially a scrub.
  7. nickmsmith has the most poverty RB corp.

Reynaud
    Moolah:
    $22,511
    Nope. If we signed Pollard to a long term contract, I might believe it. You don't sign a long-term starter to a one year deal. Griffin will still be starting this year unfortunately.
    J Falk high fives this.
  8. J Falk Starter

Moolah:
    $13,928
    I bet what we're planning on doing is putting pollard in passing situations so we can finally shut down tight ends.. will be a upgrade over all our current nickel corners. .
  9. The Hammer Out for a rip

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $126,047
    Griffin just signed last year and got a roster bonus this year. It would probably cost more against the cap to cut him than it would to keep him.
    JCBRAVE high fives this.
  10. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,150
    it would, like close to a million