Titans D after 2 games- good or bad?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 14u2ponder, Sep 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 14u2ponder

14u2ponder Starter

How would you rate the d up to this point? I for one really want to see how Minny does against the pack tonight. The titans were really holding that team until the titans imploded on offense.

2. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

It feels bad when I watch it. I see missed tackles and so many 3rd and long conversions.

But then weve only allowed 1 TD in 2 games. And average 12 points given up per game (don't count safety for the 2 turnovers returned for TDs against them) ... Maybe its gonna be a good bend but don't break type of D

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  3. RTH

RTH Meh...

Surprisingly adequate... the offense is still the question mark, in my opinion.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Giving up one TD in two games is amazing. But I'm really concerned about DB. Cox has been pretty real horrible (except for the INT). I thought they did a nice job with QB pressure in the second half but they weren't getting close previously. The tackling was pretty bad today.

Got to be proud how they played better late after being on the field so much today.

5. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

1 TD = 2 games ....is this really a thing?

6. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Tackling is consistently bad, especially by the DBs.

Special teams is pathetic on returns and Mariani shows little burst though he is consistent at least.

Still not sure our LBs are any good.

7. kstone

kstone Starter

I would say so so. I mean last week held Peterson in check but got no pressure on Hill. This week got 4 sacks but let Stafford get a couple of long runs. So it is hit or miss what they are going to be good and struggle at from week to week. But also it not like the d is overflowing with talent either.

8. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I'll hold my opinion until they play the Jags, Texans and Colts. 3 teams which they couldn't stop last year.

EDIT: OK, after 10 sec. of reflection, I feel I should make an opinion. They're pretty good, but as mentioned above, the tackling is not great (cough COX!!!) and the secondary still isn't good. How many TD's did Detroit have called back on penalties? Maybe the penalty was the reason why they got in. Maybe they were lucky (looking at the Ebron TD).

9. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

well

they did allow 2 in the same drive that came back.. but technically..

the stat sheet makes them look better than what your eyes are telling you

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. Wingman

Wingman Starter

Above average. Gritty. Still prone to mistakes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar