Titans D Stops Jags 24-17

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I remember that play titanmc, I think Tulloch took out finnegan in the process, but he also made a fine charge down tackle on jones-drew, he's got speed, whoch Sirmon doesn't have, I prefer playing Tulloch in the middle than Sirmon any day...

2. Titanmc

Titanmc Starter

Then he would not have taken the DB out who could have made the tackle.

Sorry, I think PS is the better player. However, I tell you what, I will let the coaches play whomever they think is best. They have a lot more experience in coaching linebackers than I do. So, they probably in a better position know who should play.

You know I have heard of a wide receiver, who is very fast. Now if he could catch the ball......hmmmmmmm. Well he is fast!

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

ok, so that's ONE of their 10 third down conversions.

4. SephirothSK

SephirothSK Camp Fodder

The play that sticks out in my mind is when Garrard was running around in the backfield long enough for R.Williams to run a route, fall down, start to walk off the field kind of slowly, and then take off running for a big catch.

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

That was freaky to watch on replay. Had he not fallen down he'd have beeb in the middle of coverage further up field.

6. Fry

i think the positives outweighed the negatives for tulloch in the jags game.

negative:
    1. missed the tackle on third down you're talking about.
    2. fitted the wrong gap on the jones-drew td.

positive:
    1. his first tackle was at the LOS for no gain.
    2. second tackle was for a 2 yard loss.
    3. diagnosed a screen very well. he didnt make the tackle but he did slow MJD down enough for pac to make the tackle 4 yards short of the first down. im confident sirmon doesnt make that play.
    5. stopped MJD on the one yard line after fishers challenge of the td catch.

there were a few plays he made because he was just simply faster than sirmon.

7. Titanmc

Titanmc Starter

He aso led the team in tackles with 13. A very good sign. He also was playing most all downs since PS was out. A MLB should be a leading tackler. I hope you are correct, for he seems to be our MLB of the future. That being said, there are reasons that PS is starting and playing against the run and he is playing against the pass. Could it be that each have their good points?

8. Fry

neither of them are really playing against the pass. both he and sirmon are taken out of the game in passing situations.

the only reason i can of think of as to why sirmon is still starting is his knowledge of the system and gaps. fisher even said in his press conference tulloch fit into a few bad gaps in the running game.

my main problem with sirmon is he is an athletic liability. he was downright picked on by the colts in the first half. he's a tough, gutty guy but he just cant hold his own when he's asked to cover someone one-on-one(rewatch the eagles and the second colts game, you'll see he has something that resembles lineman speed)

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Exactly!

PS's knowledge and experience are why Schwartz starts him. Tulloch will blow a play here or there 'til he has more experience in the system. But his athleticism allows us to be more flexible in our D, not to mention help eliminate long runs by being able to roam sideline to sideline.

Sirmon's a good Zone D Lb, but Tulloch's athleticism make them about even. Considering Tulloch will only get better with more playing time and experience, it doesn't make sense not to start him.

Plus, of PS's 13 starts at MLB, he has hit double digits just once with 10. Tulloch had 12 tackles in that games and has tackle totals of 9, 8 in 2 other games since November.

He needs to start but should come off the field on 3rd and longs. Bulluck and Thornton are the better coverage LB's (AND have more athleticism than Tulloch).

Gut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar