Titans DC if Schwartz leaves

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Textitan, Jan 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Textitan

Textitan Camp Fodder

I was reading a chat that the Houston Chronicle had with John McClain, and the question was asked about the Titans DC position if Schwartz leaves for Detroit. There was talk about rumors are that Greg Williams would return to be the DC. McClain tended to agree with that rumor and kind of affirmed that he had been hearing the same thing. He also stated that he thought Fisher would promote either Dave McGinnis or Chuck Cecil if Greg Williams didn't come back. Just wondering if anyone else has heard anything like this, because it was news to me.

2. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Those are the only 3 names I've heard. Obviously it's all a guessing game, but my inclination is that Fisher would lean more towards McGinnis than anyone. I know he has a ton of respect for him, and the fact that he was a HC might weigh in on his side.

I'd be pretty darn happy with any of them - Cecil seems the most risky, just because he hasn't done it before but he's been a great coach. It'd be kinda fun to have Williams and Dinger on the sidelines together. I think any way we go it's going to be good - I'm not a Schwartz basher by any means, but I think these guys could take the D just a notch up.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar