Titans Dealing with Another Slow Start

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Since 1997, the Titans have lost three of their first four games each season except in 1999, 2000 and 2003. Only in 2002 were the Titans able to overcome a 1-3 start and go to the playoffs. Of all NFL teams who have started the year 0-3 since the 12-team format began in 1990, only three have recovered to earn a post-season berth. Only San Diego in 1992 fought back from 0-4 to make the playoffs. According to DT Albert Haynesworth, the Titans are closer to turning it around but have to learn to win again and overcome the letdowns that happen during games. "Just because things get hard, we don’t have to have that little letdown," Haynesworth said. "When we were winning, we’d have a letdown. Then, we’d come back out and we’d make a play and win the game. That’s what we’ve got to do. I think we’ve kind of forgotten how to win. It’s been since last year since we had a real win."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

What do I think of this article? I think you should delete it Jeff. It's total garbage.

3. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

A question to our run-game: Who's our fullback when Hall is injuried?

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I think both Scaife and Cramer have played the position.

5. Ewker

Ewker Starter

the article paints a picture that some don't want to see or hear.

6. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Another way to look at this, not too many people believe we can beat Dallas this weekend, and we're surely not going to beat Indy next weekend. So what chances would a team sitting at 0-5 have at making the playoffs?
    Who ever wrote the article was not looking at our schedule.

7. fltitan

fltitan Guest

While I think we will improve significantly by the end of the season the turn around will begin next year. I believe VY will start the week after the bye this year getting ready to have a great season next year. LenDale will be our RB, Roos will be better and hopefully Stewart and or Loper will be ready to play making the run game better. The young guys on the defense will be better with some solid vetern leadership from the from Bullock,Hope and Albert. If we can pick up a top flight offensive lineman , a corner back and safety in free agency with a couple of high draft picks we will be ready to go back to the playoffs. We can't turn this year around with Thompson, Hill, Pillar and Olsen playing.

8. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

I have always wonder why Fisher led teams historically start off slow? Is it the coaching? IMO, I think it is. Even when we are good, the team struggles at the beginning of the year.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

IMHO

Titans play the exhibition games too soft and that carries over into the championship season. Takes the Titans a while to "catch up" to the teams that treat sunday as gameday even if "sunday" is a thursday in August.

10. Its not a good article, cause we won't go to the play-offs....really....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar