Titans Defense Seeing Extra Work Paying Off

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: The Titans defense has dramatically improved the last two games. According to DT Robaire Smith, the unit is putting in more effort which is beginning to pay off. "I think it all started off with everybody taking another step forward and pushing themselves a little bit more. Our defense is meeting more as a group," Smith said. "After the coaches leave, there’s nobody in there but the players, and we’re just in there getting on the same page. Any time you have a group of guys by themselves working together and doing the same things, you’re usually going to have success." LB Keith Bulluck is hoping the past two games is a sign of things to come. "We’re kind of family in here," Bulluck said. "It’s just one brother encouraging another to encourage another. It can start a domino effect and get things going on the right foot. We have talent here; we’ve just kind of put it together and make it work."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

This sounds good. This is what it takes to become a strong unit.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

next step is stopping the run

4. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

it will come in time, hopefully sooner than later, do you think haynesworth will come back? If so how much will he help?

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

we were getting whooped with haynesworth and we're getting whooped without him. the only difference is the defense has been playing better as a group. so who knows.

6. Titansfan256

Titansfan256 Guest

Fisher had good things to say about Tony Brown (claimed off waivers to fill Haynesworth's spot).

If Brown shows how good he is, there should be no dire need for Haynesworth. I say trade him along with Chris Brown.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If you want to trade Haynesworth because he's hurt too often, takes off plays or is a nut case, I can understand that viewpoint. But no way is Brown in the same league with Haynesworth as far as talent or performance.

8. Architect

Architect Pain Train

isnt haynesworth's contract up at the end of the season? so isnt there a possibitly that he may not resign with us? and if we resign him what type of message does it send to a team that is trying to find its character and personality? "i can do whatever the hell i want as long as i produce on he field"

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It would depend on his attitude and how he plays when (if) he comes back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar