Titans Defense Showing Improvement

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Well, for one, Portis didn't even play against our d in the first game. Also, we've swapped out starters several weeks in several positions. And, they're only playing for half of a game. So yes, I do question that we're really getting much of a full picture. I don't think we've seen nearly enough to justify that much of a jump from our last place defense from last season. I certainly think we'll be better, but we haven't seen nearly enough in my opinion to make that kind of jump.

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Redskins' defense was ranked around #6 last year, I believe. I could be wrong, but that sticks out in my mind.

3. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Preseason wins and losses mean nothing, but from watching the 1st team play you can get a sense of what to expect for the season. Is the defense tackling well and showing good fundamentals - DBs in position and getting their hands on the ball, linemen getting off tackles and winning their individual matchups? Is the offense executing - QB making the right reads, RBs picking up their assignments and hitting the hole strong, WRs getting a good release and making the catches that come to them?

Based on those questions, there is good reason to believe the D will be improved, while the offense may be about what we had last year. Impossible to say HOW MUCH the D will be improved, but they've been pretty consistent and impressive in the key indicators. I don't think we currently have the depth on the D-line that we'll need to make a massive jump in rankings over the course of a full season, but they're playing well enough to give a lot of hope for the season.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

dehr Schwartie has set the bar so low he would have to drop to division II ball to be ranked any lower.

Of course the D will be better - It has too be by default.

5. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

2 years ago, last year they sucked....

6. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Or, the pass rush in general.

Who cares where/who it comes from.

As long as we can put pressure on the quarterback.

7. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

Last year, we would have won at least 3 more games if we could have gotten pressure on the QB. Thats the most vital part of a defense. if you can get to the CB, it doesnt matter who your corners are.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

deelux, did you lose a sig bet or something?

9. Was wondering the same thing. I was like "i thought that he was a titans fan?" lol.

10. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

once you put that colts sig on, its hard to take it off, next thing you know your avatar is colts, and after that, well, nobody knows....:crazy:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar