Titans Defense Wants to Add Old Attitude

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jun 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

[​IMG]

Well things was our defense, and now with the addition of Hope, and Thorton.

we should get some of our old swager back

2. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

I like Fisher and I think the "back to basics" theme for Training Camp is a good strategy. Last year, it looked as if our defense was afraid to hurt the opponent. Most of the tackles that I saw (especially in the secondary) were hands only contact. I hardly ever saw a diving tackle or CB/S wrap up the opponents legs to get him down. These guys were afraid to mess up their jerseys last year. This year, I want to see the numbers wear off in the course of a game :brow: We need to be feared like the Raiders' defense used to be. Hard hits and all. Take on the attitude of KVB and freak the offense out. Make the QB cry in fear before he comes onto the field and cry in pain after he leaves the field. Wouldn't it be something to have not one, but 4-5 defensive players in the Pro Bowl this year? Shwartz needs to hire a motivational speaker for the defensive practices :lol:

3. Sledge

Sledge Guest

plus he always leaves the field when he feels like it cuz his pinky hurts...

4. ya, kvb has done a lot more for our team than the freak did

5. codywms

codywms Guest

everyone seen the "Who is Willie Parker?" spot on the NFL network (Its from the Titans game in Pitt)? Theyre must be a dozen whiffed tackles, at least. It really doesnt make Parker look good, it makes the Titans look like crud.

6. i remember how the announcers were like putting his name on a sheet for like the mvp candidates or something, and that was the only game he did anything that was really like wow, except for that super bowl run, but that was just flat out speed, and a kid that goes to my school, his brother is the lineman on that team that got to the second level and put a block on the linebacker, that sprang willie parker for the run, i think his name is max (the ol)

7. Sledge

Sledge Guest

max starks

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Schwartz with talent...2003

Even schwartz can't ruin a defense with very talented players but you could argue that that they will not play at their full potential. The best coaching effort for schwartz was probably 2002 when we didn't have kearse for almost the whole year and still finished 13th in scoring defense but even with kearse in 2003 we only improved to 11th in scoring D. Kearse had 9.5 sacks that year.

Our 2003 defense definitely had the talent to be top ten and even top 5 or 6.

Bulluck
    schulters
    Rolle
    Haynesworth
    Carter
    Sirmon(pre injury)
    a. dyson
    Tank(pre injury)
    kearse
    Robaire smith

Almost comparable to that 2000 defense. A solid player at every position and they stayed healthy. Also calmus played a lot that year and was very good in the middle.

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

And that's the point...nicely illustrated!

Exactly!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar