Titans Defense

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bored1, Aug 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bored1

bored1 The Colt killer

What do you think of the Titans defense? They look pretty decent ths year i think. I mean lots better than last year. Honestly i think we have a good squad this year. 1st teamers look really good. CB's are looking good, and up front doesnt look bad. What you guys thinking?

2. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I will say we've seen almost everything that we could ask for as far as performance on D so far. Obviously it's hard to gauge in preseason - but at least we're seeing good signs. As well as Finnegan/Harper/Griffin have played, we could still use some settling in the secondary, which I think will come as the season progresses... but the first 3 weeks are a big test for them. The Pats picked us apart with the screen (as usual) - so hopefully the front 7 will play a bit more disciplined, but at least they have been very aggressive.

I think we will probably give up some big chunks of yardage this year, but will compensate for it by generating lots of turnovers... and hopefully stiffening up in the red zone. If that's the case, it should be an exciting season.

3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

The defense is probably going to have to carry the team if we have any chance at the playoffs.

4. Titansince99

Titansince99 Guest

I dont see how It can be much better losing our top corner in pacman but thats my opinion. I think it all relies on what happens with Finnegan/Harper/Griffin as you mentioned. Whether they think Thompson should play FS or Griffin is a CB could alter the way our defense is.

5. stillmatic23

stillmatic23 Guest

I think our defence will get alot of turnovers and sacks this year. I think fisher is a defensive style coach. We are building our arsenal up and nobody notices, which is good. So let the annalysts say what they want.

6. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

based on preseason (which means little over 2 games) id say that is quite possible.

7. honestly guys.. The DB is around the same as it was last year.. So far, the only difference has been with the defense is pressure on the qb causing them to get rid of the ball faster.

We have no idea, as of now, how good the DB is, unless we go back to no pressure on the qb and see what happens.

Run Defense still has stuff to work on.. But an improvement somewhat

8. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

I'd like to keep the pressure on the QB thank you... :))

9. Wouldn't we all..... But is it likely? Sadly nope!... I hope they prove me wrong.

10. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

haha. did anyone follow last year's preseason? i only remember us going 1-3 and winning the last game. Did we have "deceptive" pass rush then too?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar