Titans deny any wrongdoing in McNair situation

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Apr 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

2. twoseven

twoseven Camp Fodder

I dont know about the rest of you , but i will be glad when they either cut him or redo his contract so we can move on. IMO all this media attention between McNair and pacman is just taking the focus away from this team trying to improve in the offseason. The media should be talking about who needs to improve from last year , things like that . But instead we have to hear about pacman's drug deal and McNairs salary cap.

#1 We all knew the day would come to cut McNair , the day is here so cut him and lets move on !

#2 We all knew pacman was a thug when we signed him , so it shouldnt be a shock to anyone. so lets move on !

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

pacman wasnt involved in a drug deal.

4. twoseven

twoseven Camp Fodder

Not that they can prove just yet. but that wasnt my point.

5. i agree, i wish we could just move on and have a regular offseason, and be able to focus more on the draft

6. Nine

Nine Starter

Hey, nobody has accused the Titans of any wrongdoing.

There's no law against being disrespectful to people, or treating them like crap. You can't legislate tact.

7. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

NFLPA Considers Lockout Breach of Contract

SUMMARY: The Titans denied any wrongdoing yesterday in locking Steve McNair from attending workouts at Baptist Sports Park due to his contract issues. But NFLPA general counsel Richard Berthelsen feels differently. "They said they disputed our factual allegations asserted in the grievance, and our main allegation was that they were refusing to allow him to participate with players in activities with the club," Berthelsen said yesterday. "Well, that means they are denying they are not allowing him on club property. I can't take the word deny to mean anything else. It's interesting. We'll see what happens." Berthelsen said he wants the team to clarify their position before deciding the next step. "Either they treat him as the player he is and the player he has a right to be and allow him to be there with the other guys, or they release him and let him play elsewhere," Berthelsen said. "They can't keep him in limbo like this, it is a breach of their contract with him. As long as he is under contract with the Tennessee Titans he has the right to be at the facility with the other players preparing for the 2006 season and regular season."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

8. Yvette

Yvette Starter

We look like stoopid hicks... thanks Bud.

9. fltitan

fltitan Guest

Imo we should release McNair as late as possible. If you read the Baltimore papers it sounds like they are waiting for Steves release, its almost like they already have talked and probably agreed on a contract. We play Baltimore in Nov. and should do nothing to help them. The later he gets there the longer it will take for him to learn the offense and get timing down. I am a McNair fan and hope we find a way to keep him but I hope we never do anything to make Billicks job easier.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar