Titans Discussing Long-Term Contract for Henry

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Thats gonna piss LW off.

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I wouldn't long-term Henry for more than three, four at the most. I don't want LenDale's experience to mirror Larry Johnson's, and Henry is not Priest Holmes. I expect Henry to get most of the carries for as long as he's productive next year, but after that, if he plays up to expectations, LenDale should get the bulk of the carries, barring injury (or suspension) to Travis in year three. I don't want to give Henry starter money to be an eventual backup.

On the other hand, if they could each be legitimate 1000 yard backs, it might be different, but usually, eventually, someone gets to stay on the field for longer.

Gotta say, though, Travis has made some great runs this year. It's been good to see him return to form this year. And still, a 1200 yard season for him is not completely out of the question.

3. Just because they are talking doesn't mean they will agree on a deal. We'll have to wait and see...

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I don't see a long-term deal with the Titans happening unless it had some major clauses written in it or a ton of bonuses tied to performance. I think someone else will take a risk on him and pay him a big SB.

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

We should get a third for him.

Actually, I want him on the roster for next year.

Right now I have more confidence in Henry and White than I do Brown and White.

6. Lumebray

Lumebray Virtus Et Honor

yeh id like to see the carries split pretty close so white doesnt get rusty when we need him

7. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

sign Henry to a 2 year deal 3 at the most and trade or cut Chris Brown the guys a joke. Henry and Lendale in the backfield the next two years is perfect. Henry gets most of the carries againnext year with Lendale slowly getting more tho and eventually it flip flops and LW is our new wrecking ball.

8. Bobo

Bobo Guest

If they can just restructure the current deal, I'd be fine with him 3 more years. After that, he'll be 32, up there in rb age. But he's shown no signs of slowing down, and has fairly low miles, so I'm not worried about him falling off anytime soon.

Like TJ said though, there has to be some sort of protection for the team written in to the contract.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

SI said it was Steroid use today on Cold Pizza.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar