Titans Draft Picks- v1 (not a mock draft)

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by luvyablue23, Apr 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

This is not a mock draft; just a prediction of what we will do during our draft. Let me know what you guys think.
    Round/Overall
    1.16 Titans trade this pick to the Eagles for 1.24 and 2.55; Eagles select Earl Thomas, Safety, Texas

1.24 With pick acquired from Eagles; Titans select Golden Tate, WR, ND

2.55 With pick acquired from Eagles, Titans select Carlos Dunlap, DE, FL.

3.77 Titans trade this pick to the Redskins to acquire Albert Haynesworth in addition to a conditional pick in the 2011 draft.

3.97 Titans select Javier Arenas, CB, Alabama or Perrish Cox, CB, OK. St.

4.111 Titans select Rennie Curran, LB, Georgia

5.133 Titans acquire pick from Seahawks by trading Lendale White and use this pick to select Larry Asante, S, Nebraska

5.148 Titans select Montario Hardesty, RB, TN

6.185 Titans select Andrew Tyshovnytsky LT, Fordham (going with Bongo here and his info)

6.207 Titans select Hall Davis, DE, Louisiana-Lafayette

7.222 Titans select Ted Larsen, C, NC State

7.241 Titans select Ryan Perriloux, QB, Jacksonville St.

Just spitballing here, tell me what you guys think. I tried to balance needs, prospect visits, our affinity for workout measurables and small school guys, as well as rumors and trade scenarios. Like it or detest it? I'd be happy with it and we'd have to get real lucky for some of these guys to 'drop' to us; but it could happen. Post your scenarios and picks too!

2. BigD73OT

BigD73OT NFL Free Agent

Its good...but I don't think Golden Tate would be our pick. I think Fish is content with the WRs on the roster.

3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I think this is more of what you want, not what you predict. It's impossible to predict anything outside the 1st round.

4. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

Yeah I understand, back to back 1st rounders on a WR is not our modus operandi. Only teams like the Saints, Colts, Eagles, etc. do that kind of stuff.
    However, I think he might sneak in there and this is my rationale.
    Looking at the WR's that we visited with;the premise is that we're looking for a shifty, speedy, guy that can operate out of the slot and be a jack of all, ala Percy Harvin, Reggie Bush. Golden Tate can do this and gain YAC. We've never had good YAC WR's.
    Reading that Heimy has instructed VY to focus on his 3step and his short pass accuracy this offseason supports that premise.
    Hearing that Brocato (the head honcho of scouting who is responsible for crosschecking prospects) attended ND's proday to watch Jimmy Clausen is unbelievable. I think it was more of a ploy to watch Tate under the radar.
    Plus he's a local guy so you know the Titans have heard of him before he went to ND.
    More importantly his strengths are speed, making tough catches with good hands, playing well beyond his size, able to corral high passes at apex, and most importantly a very good receiver for a scrambling QB to have as he makes his way back and available on a scramble.
    This is why I think this may be this years surprise pick.

But I will admit; I want us to take him. Not as much as Spiller or maybe even Mays, but I think Tate makes more sense than Bryant for the reasons listed. The rest of the guys I put are not guys that I really want; except for getting Haynesworth and dumping Lendale. And though it might be considered a reach to some; I wouldn't be surprised if they snagged Tate at 16; we're not afraid to go against the grain on where prospects are predicted to be drafted.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I like Rennie Curran!
    I like Hall Davis!

I don't think Hardesty will be available that late.
    I don't want Golden Tate, i'd rather have Benn.
    I hate Carlos Dunlap.
    Not so sure on Ryan P in the 7th. He's had some issues...

6. xpmar9x

Also, I don't think the Eagles would give a 1st and 2nd to move up a few spots.

7. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

I know, but the trade value is almost equal according to the chart. Doesn't seem like a good idea but you never know with teams.
    Some teams are known to give up a future second round pick for a late third.:wink2:

8. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

That's really strange but I have the exact trade going down with the Eagles, guess we're on the same page that way :). I just have different players involved in it. I have the Eagles trading up for Kyle Wilson, and us taking Jerry Hughes and Brandon Ghee or Chris Cook in the 2nd.

9. xpmar9x

Heres an idea:

Titans Trade 16th overall pick and Jovan Haye for Albert Haynesworth and 2010 3rd Round.

Titans then have 3 3rds: Draft a CB, DE, and WR (in no certain order) and a LB in the 4th. That sounds good to me!!

10. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I hate that idea. By all accounts the Skins aren't even asking for a 1, they are asking for a conditional 3 which will most likely turn into a 2. Personally I don't want AH back at all, he's a complaining, injured, loaf that only plays hard when it's in his best interest. I think the FO is on the same page with me, we won't be seeing AH back in Tennessee.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar