Titans Draft Position Remains Undecided

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: The Texans remain set to pick first in the 2006 NFL Draft but final week results will impact where the other high picks will fall. Currently, the Titans would pick sixth but could end up picking as high as 10th with a win over the Jaguars on Sunday. If they were to lose and the other five-win teams defeat their opponents, the Titans may end up picking as high as second. Where the Titans pick might not be determined until the final game of the regular season, the Sunday night contest between the Rams and Cowboys.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

What amuses me about this story is the scorn some of us felt when certain ones (present company included) presented the mere notion of the Titans landing in the top 5 of the draft. (I realize it was early) Sure, we could go as late as tenth but at this point people I think it's time to wake up and smell the javascript. We aren't picking in the mid to late teens afterall.

I myself am pleased with the performance of Adam Jones, yet do realize that he has got alot to prove. Whether the Titans go after the new franchise qb of the future or bolster the linebacker corps with AJ Hawk...or any other number of possibilities...I hope our pick for the 'o6 draft works out at least as well as Pacman has. I still have all the confidence in the world in Fisher and Reese to guide this team out of the recesses of suckitude and back into the limelight of contention.

3. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

Whilst I like pacman, and I'm glad to see him improving, I'd rather have someone like KVB who doesn't have all the atheletisism, but has the work ethic and motor.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Ok, so instead of a high first round draft pick you would rather have a FA with an injury riddled past that works for peanuts?
    (at least on an initial 1 year deal)

KVB has a great work ethic and motor...I'm not going to begrudge him that. In fact, I'm a big fan of his. I'm not sure what atheletisism is but as for athleticism...Jones has got goo-gobs of it sure, but your statement there implies that Jones is lazy and oafish...not really seeing that on Sunday.

At times I have seen incredibly poor technique, dumb rookie mistakes, unsportsmanlike conduct, blown coverages and missed tackles. I believe this is all part of the learning curve. Early on he couldn't catch a punt/KO even if he was wearing velcro gloves but that doesn't seem to be an issue now. I expect him (barring injury) to fully break out next year.

Now if you want to talk apples to apples and oranges to oranges here...OK...

As a first round pick did Jevon Kearse possess too much athleticism? I love KVB but I'd take a rookie J.Kearse any day. By this logic I can make an argument that Jones is the next Champ Bailey. I realize that Bailey has declined a bit but you or anyone have got to see where I'm going with this.

They are both CB's (Bailey & Jones) and they both were the first CB taken in their respective drafts. By the way, I think if you tried to put KVB in coverage he would get burnt like Ricky Williams on the Minnesota Viking Party Barge. Kearse as a rookie on the other hand had the "motor" to cover...but that wasn't really his role, was it?

I think all that you are talking about is relative success...
    meaning that post #3 is a comparison of sorts...

Are you saying that you would rather have our #1 pick in 'o6 draft be as successful as the signing of veteran FA Kyle Vanden Bosch as opposed to the actual success of Pacman Jones?

The jury is still out on KVB and Jones anyways. They both are positive
    results...initially successful. Who gets the B+ and who gets the A- ? I guess that's a matter of opinion...

I wouldn't trade what is likely a top 5 pick for a questionable free agent even if he's got a 55 gallon drum of atheletisism. :winker:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar