Titans Drop One Position in NFL Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by goTitans.com, Dec 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: With the Texans beating the Cardinals last Sunday, the Titans dropped to seventh in the NFL draft due to opponent winning percentage. Three other teams are also 4-10 behind the now seventh Titans with two weeks left — Oakland, Buffalo and Detroit. Green Bay, New Orleans and the New York Jets continue to shuffle in the three through five spots.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

3. danny

danny Guest

You can't say that now. Only a handful of juniors have declared and no one has even had a pro day yet.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

On some draft boards Ahmad Brooks is actually rated above Hawk and Greenway is a similar player to Hawk. Another LB of consideration is DeMeco Ryans from Alabama.
    I would love to see us actually be able to trade down with the depth at LB this year and take the best LB available if LB is the position we want to go with. Huff or Landry at safety would be considerations if we traded down as well.

5. danny

danny Guest

LB is stacked in the draft this year. The Titans should be able to grab at least one starter (at LB) in this years draft. The Titans need an intimidator in the middle or on the strong side. Hawk or Brooks could fit that mold. Ryans is a little smaller but he does bring the wood too...

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Hawk, Greenway and Brooks would all be better suited at playing the strong side. Ryans is more in the mold of Bulluck but would be an instant upgrade never the less. With the large number of quality LBs available this year we might find strong value as late as the 4th round. I like Moses Osemwegie from Vanderbilt. He is a little small, 220 pounds but is a good athlete and a smart instinctive player who could be around in the middle of the draft.

7. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

Brooks I thought played in the middle?

8. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

yeah he does
    but i think he's fast enough to play strong side... i'd still want him in the middle

9. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

Agreed. There's more OLB guys in the draft and FA, but no stand outs in the middle. Besides D'Qwell and Hodge, there isn't much to write home about in regards to ILB.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

as of christmas day 9 P.M., we're 6th in the draft. arizona and buffalo both won while we lost to miami.

it looks like the highest we can go is 5th(based on opponent winning percentage), if all the teams with three wins win in week 17 and we lose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar