Titans Enjoying Red-Zone Success

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Oct 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: In 2007, they finished dead last in the NFL in scoring TDs in the red zone. This season, the Tennessee Titans are ranked first in the same category. The Titans have had 18 red-zone possessions thus far in 2008 and have scored points on all 18 tries. More importantly, the Titans have scored 13 touchdowns in those 18 trips, a mark of 72.2 percent touchdown efficiency. "We’re very balanced down there in our play selection and what we’ve shown," said Coach Jeff Fisher. "So if you commit to the run, we’ll make a play to the tight ends or the receivers in the end zone. A lot of that credit, of course, goes to the offensive line too, because they’re playing very well."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

and that is the only offensive stat worth talking about... yards mean nothing to me. Here's the top 5 "offenses" by yards:

1) Saints (3-4), last in their division
    2) Giants (5-1), great team
    3) Cowboys (4-3), pseudo-great team... being exposed for what they really are now
    4) Broncos (4-3), see Cowboys. Most overrated team in the league, IMO
    5) Texans (2-4), last in their division

So of the "top 5" offenses by yards, 2 are last in their division and 2 have gone from Super-Bowl picks to biggest-bust picks in the last few weeks. Paper Champs - save it for fantasy leagues. No matter how bad the NFL wants a pass-only league, defense and a solid running game still rule.

I predicted that Heimerdinger, Crumpler and VY would turn the red-zone woes around. I was totally wrong it looks like (maybe not about Dinger). The O-line has dominated down there, with Lendale and CJ cleaning up.

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

I like what you mentioned about the O-Line, Im sorry but I have to say our O-Line is the BEST in the league PERIOD. Our QB has only been sacked what twice through 5 games? That is a huge factor in producing Redzone points, as they are allowing Collins time to make a play or the backs to find a hole in situations where things tighten up.

You want your MVP candidate for the league? I say they change the rules this year and allow it to be the Titans whole O-Line....and the D-Line as the runner up :grrhee:

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Just once and it was hardly a real sack.

5. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

ha ha oops sorry, I stand corrected

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar