Titans extend Walker to multi year deal

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CalgaryTitansFan, May 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Walkers targets per game average went up after Mularkey took over.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

You know Webster brought him here on the cheap in the first place, right?

3. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

Yes, I think Mularkey will surprise many with new concepts and ballsy play calling. He knows he failed in the past but he wants to win. MM8 to Walker will continue to build, well deserved extension for Delanie.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Yes, but that was when he was an overshadowed TE for 7 seasons in SF. No one was looking at him as a superstar or anything. He got about what most teams would have paid him.

I was more referring to now since he's quietly one of the better TEs in the league. Normal Titans ways would be to vastly over pay or let him go to another team for $27 more than what we were willing to pay.

5. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

People seem to think the top receiving threat on the team will suddenly be blocking every play.

When Mularkey said Walker would be asked to block more I think he means he will stay in on plays Stevens would normally be in on etc. In no way do I think he won't see targets.

Hopefully some of the WR group step up and Walker won't have to be the focus on every play.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Nice for Titan fans. He is a bright spot and leader for our team. I am very happy with the signing and I believe all parties have the team first. Good damn thing!

7. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Pay attention rooks (and young players)

Chance Warmack is a Titan. Chance doesn't work too hard and blames his poor play on his coaches. Chance didn't get his option picked up ... Don't be like Chance.

Delani Walker is a Titan. Walker works his ass off and became one of the best players at his position. Walker has also been nothing but a good leader and positive influence in Nashville. Walker got a contract extension... be like Walker

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Great signing and one of the best free agent acquisitions we've made in a long time.

Now if we didn't waste third rounders on backup tight ends (Craig Stevens) or 2nd rounders on lazy "playmakers" (Jared cook) or 5th (or was it 4th?) on defensive ends that will be the next gronk (Taylor Thompson) maybe we would've actually had depth or even a quality starter at other positions.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 2
  9. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Walker may block more, but targets aren't going anywhere...believe that.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We don't want Walker blocking much more, it's honestly not his thing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar