Titans FA assessment

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Mar 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Gr
    Griffin actually signed with the Vikings a while ago for 2.5mil.

I agree with you that the roster depth appears to be better and that if I could have paid for 1 expensive FA Damon Harrison would have been my guy. Gotta get stronger up the middle

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

LOL

really ?

we will see if he is on a roster w1 for guaranteed vet salary

cause he sucks donk balls

3. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Harrison was the one I was upset the most at losing out on. Would have really helped our entire defense. I'd of also thrown money at the best RT available, but looks like JR plans to address that spot on draft weekend.

Glad we didn't overspend on others though, I think dosome of the contracts are going to end very poorly for some teams. Outside of the above two, I'd rather hold onto the cap space for a better FA group.

Also, just want to point out that JR is where he is because of his eye for talent and ability to evaluate players. He's gone through the ranks and proven this. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  4. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Lets also not forget we hold #1 waiver priority this year. A tool the Bucs used extensively with good results last year. Also we should remember that hundreds of vets will be cut from other teams between the draft and the first day of the season. There will be many more opportunities to add depth and even some impact players before all is said and done.

• High Five High Five x 5
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. Young54

Young54 Starter

Fairley is signed and now Knighton is meeting with the Patriots. Looks like we're looking at the draft for our answer.

6. Young54

Young54 Starter

Extensively.

Care to elaborate? An example perhaps?

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Gosder Cherilus

cut by Indy in May, signed with Bucs shortly after and played 13 games for the Bucs last year

8. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Lol

9. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

I agree, Harrison would have brought the most immediate impact to our defense. It was a shame we couldnt make it happen but the Giants paid him huge money and he didnt have to relocate. Its understandable why he took their deal. Not sure how high we ever went with him even.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar