Titans FA Report Card

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Soxcat, Mar 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Starter

How would you rate the FA signings for the Titans so far?

KVB - A+
    If we had lost KVB we would still have a huge hole to fill at LE. KVB is a pro-bowl DE at a very decent $.

Thornton - A
    Thornton gives us a very reliable player who is a 3 down LB. He has the speed and athleticism we really needed, has a great attitude and has an excellant track record for staying healthy. With Thorton we really don't need to spend a high draft pick at LB because now we need a run stuffing MLB who doesn't have to play on 3rd down and Thornton and Bulluck give us one of the best pairs of OLBs in the league.

Givens - A-
    This is a great pickup because Givens is just now starting to reach his prime. Getting him for a 5 year deal gives us alot of breathing room and time to develop our younger recievers and even if Calico or the young guys don't rise to the occasion we have a reliable, solid vet who can put up decent numbers. I would guess that one or more of our other WRs could develop to be as good as Givens or better but Givens comes in at a perfect time in his career being 3-4 years ahead of them.

All these guys have solid character and should help this franchise to go from bottom feeder to contender in a very short time span.
  2. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

you can add a Hall of Fame center in Mawae to that one.:))
  3. I am pleased with all the signings!!!
  4. FLTitansfan

FLTitansfan Guest

This has been like christmas for a titans fan as we havent been players in the fa market and the fact that we are getting quality guys helps the cause even more, i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  5. danny

danny Guest

Everyone of these moves fits and all of them seem to be (on paper) money well spent. You can't grade these moves until Week 8 or 9 into the season but as a Titan fan, I'm fired up seeing that the franchise is going out and getting quailty and quantity in the free agent market.
  6. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

KVB - A+ (Biggest priority this offseason).

Thornton - A (OLB is sewed up for 3-4 years)

Givens - B- (Good pickup, but won't be anything dramatic IMO)

Maewe - A- (Came outta left field. Will be great for a very young O-Line. Is a great pass-protector AND run-blocker. If he gives us 3 good years, I'll be very happy).
  7. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

Overall so far I'd give em' an A. Oline is the best move yet but its nice to add support and speed at LB. As for Givens, I like the fact that he's coming from a winning team and has Super Bowl experience. He may not be a pro bowler but he knows what it takes to win and he'll be great for our young guys. They also had a safety in this morning. Anyone know who that was or if their going to make another move.
  8. metal957

metal957 In"Vince"Able

I love our new presents

YAY!!!!
  9. Archtitan

Archtitan Guest

We're just merrily plugging holes with (mostly young) proven talent. I couldn't be happier with our pro-active posture. Also, it warms my heart to know that these top vets came to the Titans and pretty much made their decisions immediately. Yeah, Givens isn't TOO exciting - if he can produce near the level of what Mason gave us in an average year, that would be a tremendous signing. And Mawae, he's 35 and coming off a big injury, but still would have to be regarded as one of the best at his position. Thornton should fit perfectly, yin to Bullucks yang.
  10. FLTitansfan

FLTitansfan Guest

besides the last time the titans organization hd a Givins it was earnest and he was a lil spark plug loved him to death although the spelling is different i hope he gets similar stats to ernest in his prime
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.