Titans face stiff road tests

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Jun 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

When it comes to the NFL schedule, the bottom line for every team is obviously the same: eight home games and eight road games.

But just how those games are divided up can make a difference.

The Titans, for instance, will this year become the first team in the last half decade to battle a particular pair of schedule challenges in the same season: Tennessee not only plays its first two games on the road, but also later plays three straight games on the road, a combination no NFL team has had to deal with since the Chicago Bears in 2008.

Breaking down each of those two components a little further, the Titans are one of just three NFL teams in 2013 that will play their first two games away from home. Tennessee opens at Pittsburgh and then goes to Houston. The other teams that play their first two games on the road are Miami (at Cleveland, at Indianapolis) and Minnesota (at Detroit, at Chicago).

In addition, the Titans are one of just two NFL teams in 2013 that will spend three straight weekends on the road. Tennessee goes to Oakland (Nov. 24), Indianapolis (Dec. 1) and Denver (Dec. 8). The only other team facing three straight road games this year is Philadelphia, which plays successive contests at Denver, the New York Giants and Tampa Bay.

So how did the last team to deal with a road schedule like this year’s Titans fare? The 2008 Chicago Bears finished 9-7 overall (2-3 in those five road contests) and fell one win short of making the playoffs.

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Whats strange is it seems like every year we have a daunting schedule in the way that its laid out week to week.Last year we had that brutal six game stretch to start the season and now this year we face a schedule no team has had to deal with in five years.

3. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

The schedule will always be brutal as long as we have a bad team. We are going to have to be able to compete and win games against the big boys or Munch won't make it through the year. I like the start, it will tell a lot about what type of team this is.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Well I said I'd be happy with 9-7 this year, the only difference to the 08 Bears is in the weak AFC, 9-7 could actually get you in with a wild card birth so I'd be pumped if we could do that.

I think we start 1-1 personally. I think we can beat the steelers, have my doubts on winning one against Houston this year though, hope I'm wrong.We need to win all the games that we should, while stealing 1 or 2 of the tough ones.

5. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

What kills me is that the patriots always get a powder puff schedule.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

The NFL will never be as bad as the NBA. There was no question in my mind the Heat are winning the Championship in 7. Rigged as hell.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

it is a proven fact that NBA officials are corrupt and rig games

8. amy

amy Starter

Why does anyone even watch pro basketball? Do the ones who love it also love pro wrestling? They are basically the same thing-fake as a three dollar bill.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Forget the schedual, if youre good youll win your share of games. It makes sense the NFL cater to the better record teams by adopting a system that explains how good teams have who they have on their schedual though, those teams are the face of the league after all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar