Titans Failing in Free Agency/Draft

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gut, Mar 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansAC4

TitansAC4 Starter

Personally wouldn't mind it, but obviously it depends on money.

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

guy is another hutchinsom

3. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

Here's a crazy nugget I learned today: Greenbay has signed 5 unrestricted free agents since 2007.

Jax today officially signed 6. :rolleyes:

• LOL LOL x 1
  4. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

[​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 8
  5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Not really. Not a fan of Crabtree who hasn't been the same since his injury. Orakpo is an injury waiting to happy and wasn't very good in the 7 games he played last year. Hardy will require a large contract I have little faith the Titans would offer or structure well to protect the team should Hardy get into trouble again. At this point we'd be back to over paying for a starting RT. There is serious risk in most of these guys and that's not good!

Case in point. James Harrison put up 5.5 sacks last year and would be a decent stop gap as a starter if necessary (better as a backup) and would come cheaply. He even said he'd like to play for the Steelers or Titans and the Steelers don't want him. And guess what? The Titans haven't even CALLED HIM!!!

Look at what the Jets have done with a guy who never has been a GM!

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Dramaqueen? LOL!!! It's called reality!

So you're plan is to NOT use free agency when rebuilding a team?????

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Sounds like you're making the case we shouldn't sign free agents because our GM stinks. So how do you feel good about him rebuilding this team when he is not good at evaluating talent???

And for the record, do you think signing a good starting RT in his prime for say $8mil a year (while our LT is playing on a cheap rookie contract for 5 yrs) is gonna hurt our rebuild? HOW???

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

This organization has come off the tracks......... completely clueless and Webster is driving this dumpster fire. Even if we draft well this team is heading to another 2-14 or at best 5-11 season. No talent thanks to the driver of this team F*** You Webster!

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I've truly grown to hate free agency.

When the Titans step up and grab a top free agent like Levitre, it busts and hangs over this team for seasons because of the big contract.

When the Titans don't get a big name, they are "clueless" even through, from what I am reading, they are offering competitive offers.

10. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

When you are 2-14 in the previous year and haven't been to the playoffs in about 6 years and have yet to win a playoff game since 2003..... does that qualify as clueless? I apologize if my rants come off as frustrating but I need to vent at time. I don't know what goes on behind the scenes but I do know this..... change needs to happen!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar