Titans Failing in Free Agency/Draft

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gut, Mar 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Who is this good starting RT that we could have signed for 8mil?

I understand your frustration, but what is really going to make this team better is for the young guys we've drafted to improve and play to their potential and to draft well in the future. If these things don't happen then we will be seeing a new GM and coaching staff real soon. So Webster better nail this draft and Whiz and his boys gotta coach them players up.

What we need are a few difference makers. Unfortunately not many difference makers make it to the FA market and when they do they don't want to go to a 2-14 team unless they are really really over paid. If we had signed Suh or Revis to their huge deals we would have screwed ourselves in the future when hopefully we are a playoff ready team because we would not have the cap space to add anyone else.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It can be argued that 2-14 happened, in part, because of the desire to make a change after '13. Change, for the sake of change, is just change. It guarantees nothing.

I like Douglas and Searcy and free agency is far from over. The Titans are about to land three solid players in the draft who should start day 1. We'll see 20 players or more turn over from last year's roster.

Change is happening and will continue. Whether they are the right changes or not is impossible to know right now.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

For everyone who hates Webster and Reinfielt, check out this article by NFP. It shows that it could be a lot worse, something that I have been saying here for a long time. No one hits on every draft pick whether its 1st round or 7th round. Actaully, a majority of them don't. Check any draft, half the first round is on their second team or out of the league.

They run the numbers and it shows that Webster is actually one of the best in the league in drafting. Yes, I don't think he has done great either, but a lot of GM's are doing a lot worse.

Rating General Managers in the NFL Draft | National Football Post

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

Also, @Gut you need to calm the F down. There is mutual interest with us and Harrison. Both sides knows each other very well. There is no reason to get something done now. Harrison is on vacation and Webster/Whiz are out doing Pro days. It wont matter if it waits. You do know the season doesn't start for like 6 months right? Everyone who got signed to a new team this past few days got pay more than their worth. That's fine by me, most of these teams like the Jags will be the Bucs or Saints of last year, cutting them all because it didn't work out.

5. ropy0386

ropy0386 Starter

I hear what you're saying but you always wanna lock a guy in to a contract as soon as possible because you wouldn't want another team to come in and offer something better like Frank Gore committed to eagles then went to colts.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Thats actually interesting, although not a perfect science, but still worth the click

7. titanchris

titanchris Special Teams Standout

Yeah it is. That's why I don't want too many free agents. A few is fine. Good teams are built through the draft.Look at the Packers,they have signed like 5 free agents in the last several years. The last one in Peppers paid off for them though. You can spend way too much money,and them be a bust. So next year tou are in the same situation.

8. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

[​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar