Titans Fall to Falcons 17-3

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: It was a battle of QBs picked third in the draft and Matt Ryan came out on top in a 17-3 win over Vince Young and the Titans. Ryan completed 15 of 21 passes for 102 yards with a 1-yard scoring pass to another rookie, Harry Douglas, and no interceptions. Young was 9-of-18 passing for 102 yards with an interception and numerous drops by his receivers. "Obviously, we just have to finish drives," said Tennessee coach Jeff Fisher. "We put drives together, but we weren’t finishing. We did some good things and had some opportunities, but we didn’t take advantage of them, mainly because we couldn’t catch the football." The Titans end the preseason next Thursday when they take on the Packers in Green Bay.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. KingTitan

KingTitan aka CRONUS

The King is happy yet sad.

He is happy because, just as he decreed, VY DID improve. He was competent, but not spectacular, as noted earlier today. He had 102 yd in the air and a few more on the turf. VY's tosses were mostly spot on. Yes, he did have trouble going to the outside, as has often occurred this season. He read better and he made better decisions. Yes, the WRs let him down at times, but they did better also. Part of the problem is the play calling. They are trying to do some things that you won't see in two weeks. They are not always playing to the strengths; they probe areas of weakness. The King states for all Titanites to be of good heart, there is reason to hope for a better day! FEAR NOT! :))

The King is sad because he did not see the all-consuming Titan defensive line! Ryan had immensely too much time. Ryan will believe he is invincible, a god of the gridiron. This must not be! There is no room for him in the pantheon of mighty beings! The TITANS only must rule! :grrr:

With the absence of the DLine our secondary was picked apart by the tweety birds. OOOOHHH so much work yet to be done!

The King also decreed that the Red Zone must be conquered tonight! But it was not even FOUND! If this is not taken care of, heads will roll and grown men (and women) will cry as the Titans, Cronous forbid!, put their fortunes in the leg of THE OUTSIDER (the kicker)!!!! :hmm:

Hear ye, hear ye, all Titans and Titans at heart! We must dedicate all energies to finding and traversing the Red Zone! If not we will fall prey to the kitties, birdies, ponies, cubs, black birds, and other unworthies. We must be bold, manly, proud, honest, strong, and willing or the Titans will be brought down and sent to Tartarus (aka the Underworld, aka the realm of those big men who don't make the playoffs)! :eek:

Thus sayeth the KING (aka Cronus/Kronos)

3. TitanTom0987

TitanTom0987 This Post Is Rated RKO

The King should stop talking in the third person.

4. KingTitan

KingTitan aka CRONUS

Oh poor Tom, The King hopes he has not offended you! If you like, the King could speak in the plural. We would be happy to do so. We wish to do you no harm, we just wish to present our ideas. We will examine this matter further. In the mean time we hope you will bear with us! :cool:

5. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

^ You're almost as weird as J.P. from Grandma's Boy. And that's pretty weird, my friend.

6. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Sorry but there's only one true king.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL-mvhoejPM

I didn't see the game but it doesn't sound good. I'm not one of those guys who thinks Vince is god and bashes the receivers but I'm not a Vince hater who bashes him. I'm kinda both. I don't like how Vince passes and when he draws back to pass I don't get the same feeling of security that I did with McNair. But at the same time given the amazingly lack of talent we've given him at receiver it's a wonder how we even had 9 TD passes. It amazes me how nobody can figure out why we suck in the red zone... BECAUSE WE HAVE NO RED ZONE TARGET!!! Even bad teams have receivers with at least 5 TD catches.

7. KingTitan

KingTitan aka CRONUS

Ubiq,
    You are truly ubiquitous and we see you are everywhere.:shocked: We are happy to have your sage points of view.

By the by, neat nickname!

8. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

Yeah that is kind of weak. Save the role playing for somewhere else.

9. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

KingTitan reminds me of that wrestling movie Ready to rumble with David Arquette and Oliver Platt as Jimmy the King... "I Will RULLLLE You!!"

10. KingTitan

KingTitan aka CRONUS

Eddyc
    We see you know our cousin "the lord of the mat", "king of the square ring", "ruler of the raw"! He is renowned in the universe for his strength, cunning, and wisdom.

Your observation is astute. We, like you, cannot believe there is such a derth of talent. :sad2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar