Titans Fall to Jets 23-16 in Poor Offensive Showing

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

If he actually plays more than a series.

2. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

If he hadn't thrown the INT and led the team to a TD, would he have still only got the one series?

3. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

I got the chance to talk to Thornton and his family after the game also. Very nice and polite people for sure. The guy is a player on the field, the man can knock the daylight out of you too, he definitely brings the wood.

4. Titankid16

Titankid16 Guest

"we had expected a different outcome of this game"????? Wut is he saying, that he wasnt expecting us to come back, he was expecting us to dig ourselves into an even worse defecet and then bring in Young? I dont get that. Once it is a tie game or even when it was 16-8 i say u bring in Young. Collins had already thrown 2 interceptions by then. thats worse than young was doing.

5. Titankid16

Titankid16 Guest

Mayb fisher was saying he expected us to come out and completely get rid of the defecet and take a large lead and then play young, but still i think u play Young second half. let him try to bring the team back. I mean if he brings the team back. Can u imagine wut a confidence booster that is?

6. tntitan89

tntitan89 Guest

Yep. "We came out the second half, Ben makes the catch who knows what happens. But, Ben can’t make the catch and instead Kerry gets booed for throwing an interception."

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Fisher clearly didn't expect to be down 16-0. The second Collins pick was off Troupe's chest. It couldn't have been thrown better. Fisher apparently felt Collins gave the Titans the best chance of making a comeback.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

and he almost pulled it off.

9. Titankid16

Titankid16 Guest

well noone expects to find themselves in that kind of hole, especially to the jets, but i would think that even though they r down they would still put young in who looked good except for one pass that was a questionable play to call.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I said somewhere else Young would have been ideal at the end because of his dual threat which Collins clearly does not have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar