Titans Fans Have Eyes on Ferguson and Cutler at Senior Bowl

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by goTitans.com, Jan 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: All the talk this week has been on the practices in Mobile leading up to Saturday's Senior Bowl. Of particular interest to most of the Titans faithful are two players who also have the eyes of the Tennessee coaching staff and everyone else in Mobile, Virginia offensive tackle D'Brickashaw Ferguson and Vanderbilt QB Jay Cutler. Many feel both have the potential to become the Titans top pick in the 2006 NFL Draft.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

[​IMG]
    Chow watching Cutler

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I've got an e-mail into Scott Wright of NFLDraftCountdown to see if he might give us anything more on either of these players. I hope to have him in for a chat maybe next Thursday night. Colin Lindsey pf GBNReport.com has also agreed to do a chat at some point.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

good news Jeff
    I like Scott

i'd like to hear his thoughts on Michael Robinson (qb/wr)
    and Brodie Croyle
    and maybe even NC State DE Manny Lawson

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Titans fans have eyes on ferguson and cutler eh?
    This fan doesn't. I can tell you that much. The Titans would have to be crazy to trade down at this point. With Leinart, Bush and young eligible, it would be stupid to get a tackle, considering we got two or three last season.
    Sure, Cutler led Vandy to a win over UT and a few others this season, that makes him #3 worthy? Vince led his team to the big game, without a great running back, and without great WRs. We need a QB who can lead his team to a big game and win, not a QB who can take a crappy team and make them slightly above average (plus UT sucked this year). Getting Vince is what the Titans' front office needs to get some spark put back in our team. Jay Cutler may bring in a few, but bringing in the MVP of the Rose Bowl will draw a lot more attention, which we need, because fans just gave up on em this last year. If this becomes a trend, it will really hurt the organization.

PS. Leinart would be good too, but he probably won't be available

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

here's where fans get college accomplishments confused with translated Pro expectations. Vince had a tremendous (consecutive ) Rose Bowl performances. but keep in mind that his glitter will wear off quickly when we figure out that all he can do is run and throw dump-offs
    and as many seats will fil to See Vince, they'll all empty out REGARDLESS of the QB if the team is losing.
    the Nashville fanbase is a finicky bunch

Jay's hype really has nothing to do with his win over UT or any others. don't slight the man because he played for a perrenial toilet. He's intelligent and has the strongest arm @ Mobile
    he may not produce BIG headlines like Vince might, but I believe that Jay will produce better results for a longer period of time

i still like Vince though, i'm not going to be mad if we draft him

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

isn't it interesting that only a week or two ago all we could talk about was Reggie Matt or Vince
    now they've got us pegged for Jay and D'Brick

:ha:

i'm guessing the AJ Hawk / Kiwinuka rumors surface next month

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

furthermore

i wonder how all this attention on Jay and the constant mentioning of Vanderbilt will effect recruiting for our West End University

9. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Maybe you should pay more attention to what scouts/journalists are reporting from Mobile. From watching Cutler live they're actually starting to project him Top 10, and some (Mayock and Mortensen) have him higher than Young and possibly even Leinart.

And who cares about fan attention if your team doesn't win? It will just be Atlanta and Mike Vick all over again, all show and no substance.

At least if the Titans draft Cutler or D'Brick it's because they know for a fact that they can do what is asked of them, and that they have the talent and skills required.

10. Pit Bull #53

Pit Bull #53 Guest

Scott is the man, I've been using his site/forum for about 6 months now. He frequents the forum and answers most questions that people have about various prospects. He's pretty interactive with the people and has a great site aswell. I wouldn't put it past him to agree to it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar