Titans fans vs Packers fans

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by fitantitans, Dec 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Who's #1 now!!! Titans season record is 4-9, on track to match last years. (Who said, "Don't worry about this years record, next year we start all over again?"). Any way, the forecast at the beginning of yesterdays Titans game was 38 degrees. When I showed up at the Coliseum about 8:30-ish to set up for tailgating, I thought I had showed up for an away game..... again. The only people there were the usual hardcore fans. (Those wanting PSLs and parking passes, this looks like your year.) At about 10 am others started to show up but they were obviously confused as to how these parking lots operate and the exact location of the statium. At times the crowd became vocal and I was a little surprised at how much noise this tiny crowd could make.
    I watched part of the Green Bay game last night, played on their Frozen Tondra. I don't know what the temperature was at the start of that game, but I would guess it was 30-degrees-below-freezing-ones--off. The Packers season record is 2-11. With all this going for them, them still filled every seat....er.....every bench in the stadium. And when Brett entered the field, the fans thought it was the second coming of Christ!
    It's not hard to figure out that the Titans fans have lost their image as being #1 Fans in the NFL. I know what it will take to get them back into the stadium, another 1999 season, but that ain't gonna' happen for awhile. I just got to say how surprised I am with these fans. I truely believed that there were more Titans fans in Tennessee than there were Titans bandwagon riders. I have been proven wrong. The reality of football as being a GAME has sunk into several thousand fans that had mistaken it as an automatic Give-Me every year.
    ________
    Interracial Pregnant

2. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

Good post. I wish I had been smart enough to buy a psl when they were selling but for now I will have to stick to buying my tickets off ebay or lucking up with other ticket holders. Good or bad the fans have to stay behind the team. It will turn around in the near future.

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

nothing like comparing apples to oranges. How long is Green Bay's history compared to the Titans. You want a fair judgement then look at teams who have been in the league as long as the Titans.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Packer fans are very loyal but also there is not much to do in Greenbay anyway. I bet alot of those fans were fans who bought tickets off season ticket holders so they could get a chance to go to the game for a change.

5. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Good point............but

I am assuming you are saying that the Packers have had a few more years to tie down their loyal fans and weed out the bandwagon riders. Reckon I gotta agree with you there. But there is still that FREEZE factor they have up there, one that hopefully, we will never experience down here. The fact that their season record is not as good as the Titans, and the respect shown to Brett when he entered the field. When you put all that together, one way or another, or for whatever reasond, their fans still come to see them play, regardless.
    As for fans buying unused tickets at Green Bay to "finally see a game", that is allowed here too. It's also legal here, there, I'm not sure.
    But anyway, maybe this is just what we need, (a bad season), to get those PSLs out of the hands of people who don't use them and into the hands of real Titans fans.
    ________
    Volcano Classic

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Packer fans go back decades and multiple generations. I bet the season ticket waiting list has people that have been waiting years. Not quite the same as here.

7. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Green Bay is the exception, not the rule. Dallas fans didn't pack the house when they sucked. Neither did Skins fans. No one's fan base can compare to those crazed cheese heads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar