Titans Focus Shifts to the Colts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: The celebration over their week one victory quickly ended yesterday as the Titans turned their focus to the Colts. “It’s another divisional game. They’re the Super Bowl champs,” said LB David Thornton. “We have to knock them off, if we’re going to have a chance. They’re the king of the AFC South, the king of the league and a great test for us.” The importance of this game is clear in the minds of the Titans. "Indy is a big week around here,” DE Kyle Vanden Bosch said. “Everybody gets excited for it. It’s the defending Super Bowl champs. If we really want to make a name for ourselves, we have to play well this week.” Coach Jeff Fisher hopes there is some carryover from last week in the running game. “It helps when you go out, run the football and play as aggressively as we did yesterday in the opener,” Fisher said. “But you have to ensure that there’s carryover. That’s a week-to-week thing. You have to continue to enforce it.”

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

Key strenghts for sunday game, run the ball controlled the clock keep Payton Manning off the field with his bombs. Keep R. Wayne and Harrison cover and, look out for Dallas Clark he is the 3rd big target. Addai will have his hand full with our front D line. As long as Payton Manning stays off the field we should be ok but, can we say cover 3 all day long and trust our D line to stuff the run!!:yes:

3. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

Cb's Please Don't Get Burned If You Do We Will Have A Long Sunday Evening.. Go Titans....

4. Smitty46953

Smitty46953 Starter

Nick Harper has got to be having nightmares after watching his ex-running mate Jason David getting abused last week... :grrhee:

5. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

The Jags game gave me hope for our secondary. I know this has been discussed before, but our secondary got the job done in the end. A few rough spots early on, but in the 2nd half they shut Garrard down. Fisher/Schwartz have limited the Colts with less talent than they have now, and I think a cover 3 can get the job done. The front 4 showed that the preseason wasn't a fluke, which frees up Bulluck and Thornton to do their job instead of trying to fill missed gaps. Can't wait to see if the Titans are for real this year - one by one they're answering all the questions we had 4 months ago.

6. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

Am hoping that N .Harper is familiarized with those wr's from indi, and can give our boys a hint and how they run their bomb routes. I hope our safeties are ready to back up our corners when that deep ball goes in the air! I love to see Watermelon head Manning on the ground a lot this weekend, poor baby he doesn't like getting dirty..Corey Simon must play on this game and seek some payback. D line attack the right side that's where the rookie is playing.. GO TITANS..

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

You can bet Harper and Thornton are giving some good tendency info this week. I wonder if the Colts will have to change some of their play names and Peyton's hand signals?

Fans need to get ready to be loud Sunday.

8. Smitty46953

Smitty46953 Starter

The Saints were saying the same thing last week. Harper is as familiar with their bomb routes as Jason David was...Hence all the sleepless terror filled nights he has had since watching David get schooled...:grrhee:

Most melon heads do not have the intelligence that Manning will bring to the table...Also the Colts bought him an extra jersey so he can get dirty, with the money he makes I would never call him poor... [​IMG]

I do wish our front office had given Simon another chance, oh well... :rolleyes:

9. Ewker

Ewker Starter

on 104.5 they talked about that this morning. So little of it is true. They gave an example of how the former backup to Manning told his new team D that the Colts would run a certain play..guess what they lined up like they would but didn't and the guy busted thru for a 26 yr run untouched

I doubt they can give the Titans anything

If anything Manning knows Harper's weakness and can exploit it like he did against the former Colt CB who played for NO

10. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

I don't think Harper and Thorton have that many secrets to tell... Fisher knows how to beat Peyton and that's to keep him off the field.
    We hang with the Dolt's last year and split with them... I think we're better Defensively and they are worse... Not that they aren't still the team to beat, cause they are, but I like our chances...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar