Titans Free Agents

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jan 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

They either win it all and look great or never make it to the Superbowl and look foolish. I'll bet my money they don't and suffer the cap consequences.

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

these guys and maybe fasano and schwenke. depending on how the offseason plays out

3. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Klug is the only must keep.

I'd make an attempt to keep Fasano, Spence, Schwenke & Stafford. I'm indifferent to Bell, Bass, Palmer & Andrews. Wouldn't hate if they re-sign those guys.

Good riddance to Cassell, Wright, Warmack, Blake & Johnson tho.

4. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Has a successful rookie who is in talks for DPOY ever been traded??... of course not they're way too valuable and hes grossly outperforming his contract.

5. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

Yeah I should have been more clear ; not literally trade for him ; more or less pointing out how good he's been and how the Titans could use a stud safety like that out of the draft ; a linebacker or a safety been a while since they had a good field general ... probably since Bullock

6. ceeder

ceeder Starter

UFAs:

QB M.Cassel - Bring him back. We don't really have anybody better in the wings, have much higher needs in the draft. Cassel knows the offense, he's not a bad option. Good experience behind MM.

WR K.Wright - Gone, the guy already came out and said it. Another $7.3m off the books.

WR M.Mariani - Bring him back. He's 29 though and the speed will go real soon, would try to keep it to 1 year.

TE A.Fasano - I like him. Good blocker, can also catch, but dude will be 33 shortly, already made over $3m this year, will probably want decent coin over 2-3 years. I'd probably end up letting him go as I like Supernaw, but would want a better 2nd TE behind Delanie instead of Big Tony.

C B.Schwenke - I know many don't like him, but he's not bad and a good backup to Jones, as well as a backup at G. Versatile guy. Knows the playbook, devil you know better than the devil you don't. If he comes back for something close to his $1.8m, I'd bring him back.

G B.Bell - Let him go. Spent two-thirds of the season injured, was on $2.25m, we can easily get a better backup to Spain.

G C.Warmack - Easiest choice of the bunch; bounce his fat ass out the door.

T/DE K.Klug - We will need to see how he recovers, but I'd bring him back on a 1 year deal and at least see how the Achilles holds up. His play earned this season earned it; high energy player who is always good to make a play. Arguably our best pressuring defensive lineman.

MLB S.Spence - Bring him back. Good player, can be relied on to make the tackle almost every time.

OLB D.Bass - Let him go. Dodd should be healthy to provide backup to Morgan, Wallace is better than Bass and has more potential. No need to keep him.

CB A.Blake - GTFO.

FS R.Johnson - Let him go. We need a strong upgrade in this position. I like Byard's potential, he will be a good backup to whomever we hopefully get as an upgrade at starter(fingers crossed for Berry).

SS D.Stafford - Bring him back. Decent player, won't cost much.

--

RFAs:

Bring back McBride/Tanney/Andrews/Supernaw. Let Staples/Amaro/Smith go. I actually like Amaro, but it seems he disappeared halfway through the season and doesn't have a future here.

--

TL/DR: Bring back Cassel/Mariani/Schwenke/Klug/Spence/Stafford. Let Wright/Fasano/Bell/Warmack/Bass/Blake/Johnson go.

Almost forgot... I would also cut H.Douglas($4.5m) and McCain($2.7m).

7. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

I would keep Cassel too until we see if MM is going to be OK. Amaro plays great, if they would play him. Another talent sitting. McCain has experience and plays ST. Need to keep him for now. I would give Bell a look before offing. The rest you are good on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar