Titans Fumble Away Super Bowl Opportunity

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: The Tennessee Titans left the locker room in shock after coming up short yesterday in a 13-10 loss to the Baltimore Ravens in the AFC Divisional Playoffs. "Guys are angry, disappointed, and I would say in a little bit of shock," Kerry Collins said. "To say it's disappointing is an understatement. This is a tough one to swallow and that's really all you can say." It didn't matter that the Titans had out-gained the Ravens 391-211 and outnumbered them in first downs 21-9. What mattered were the three crucial turnovers, the 12 penalties for 89 yards, a mishandled snap on fourth down at the Baltimore 30, and some blown assignments in the secondary that led to Baltimore points. "It's disappointing, but it's football. We lost it as a team. We had opportunities," Coach Jeff Fisher said. "This is a difficult loss for our team, the fans, and there was a great deal of hope and disappointment. This thing is going to linger and last, but we'll overcome it."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. bgtitanfan

bgtitanfan Guest

We had so many opportunitiess (maybe misspelled), to score. A missed FG, 2 fumbles lost inside the ravends 20. A safety that wasnt call. The titans beat them ownselfs. Im bummed we lost to the ravens in the playoffs AGAIN but we made mistakes. Titans i hope i see the same type of season next year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar