Titans GM Reinfeldt expects plenty of draft-day trades.

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by jessestylex, Apr 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Mike Reinfeldt told the Tennessean that he believes the league's annual college coming-out party could feature plenty of trades.

"For some reason, I think there's probably going to be a little bit more (trading), but I can't really tell you why," Reinfeldt said Tuesday. "I just have a gut (feeling) that people are kind of anxious to do something and say, 'What the heck? Let's make a few trades.' "
    Reinfeldt said he has had some conversations about swapping picks, but he expects more serious talks when the draft begins April 28. The Titans hold the eighth overall pick by virtue of their 6-10 finish in 2010.

"I think more of it happens on draft day," he said. "I don't think that much is going to happen before unless it is really high. Even if you watch the mock drafts, there's a lot of different ways people think the draft is going to take off. So I think people will have to get a feel for how it is going to go, what positions are going to get a run, before they jump in and start doing what they think they need to do to help their team.
    "
    But (the trade conversations) start to really take place probably the last week before the draft, when people really get their draft boards really firm in their minds or finalized in their minds."

i got a feeling we might trade our #8 spot away to the mid 20's.

2. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

Hint Hint. Would imagine we get a few calls on draft day.

I think we will trade back as well, and take the best QB on the list.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I want us to use that 8th pick, and then jump back in the 1st to grab another difference maker. I hope that's the trade Reinfeldt is thinking about. Getting a Fairley type could make a huge difference in our upcoming season.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

All depends on who they are looking at. They would be morons to to use the 8th pick on Mallett or Locker so trading back and then up with our 2nd rd pick might be a way to go.

Here's the question, let's say we can manipulate trades that gives us 2 first rd picks around 20 instead of an 8 and a 40. Who do we take that would help us more?

A pick around 20th could land us a guy like Mallett but can we get quality on defense at that part of the draft? Sure we can, Wilkerson or Wilson are those types of guys.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Kerrigan, Liuget, Martez, Aldon Smith, Wilkerson, Pouncey, Paea, Heyward.. just to name a few.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'm going to $h*t fire if we draft an O-Lineman on day-1 of the 3-day draft process.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I'd have no problem taking Pouncey if we can also get our QB. We need stability in the middle of the OL as much as anything and it upgrades our running game. Obviously it depends on who is left on the board when we pick but if Pouncey is the BPA I wouldn't hesitate to take him. If Munch thought he was worth the pick that assures me we are getting the anchor for our OL for years to come.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar