Titans going DB???

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by lilkhmerkid4u, Apr 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

All I care about is that Kirkpatrick can take a No.1 WR out of the game, and can tackle.

2. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

no way should we take a corner round one.

3. JCBRAVE

Whys nots?

4. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

we can get a talented Dline guy in the round even by trading down. why waste #20 on a position of little need. trade down if Decastro is gone, take a guy like Perry or still. then Jenkins in round 2. and a guard/center round 3.

5. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I have to disagree with this. Everyone I've heard whether it's Mike Keith, Coach Munchak, or Ruston Webster, they sound like they're fine with the CB group they have. They might take a guy in the draft for depth but it's not as it appears to a lot of other people looking in that "The Titans lost Finnegan, so they're desperate at corner." That's not the case at all.

They may still go CB in the 1st, but it will only be because he's the best player that they think can have the most impact, not just for need.

6. JCBRAVE

F no to Jenkins. Perry will be gone IMO at 20.

Kirkpatrick is the best you'll find at CB, if we have a shot at getting him, we should cause he's certainly an upgrade from the 3rd CB we have now. And we see 3-WR sets A LOT.

No DE in this class will start over Morgan/Wimbley.

DT is my choice, but depends if Worthey is gonna be around for us in round 2.

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I don't know much about Kirkpatrick, but from the film I've seen... the guy can tackle very well and makes a lot of big hits on his opponents.

Not sure how his coverage is.

8. JCBRAVE

2nd best to dude from Virginia Tech. For some reason his name has slipped my mind.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Then I'm 100% fine with taking Kirkpatrick at 20... all depends on what D-linemen are still available.

10. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

My board would be...

1. Decastro

Our line would be awesome, especially if we take a center in the 3rd or fourth.

2. Hightower

I think that guy could be a Ray Lewis type player. He would solidify our defense for years, and can rush the passer. If we don't take him, I wager at least once he'll knock us out of the playoffs for Pitt or Balt.

3. Mercilus

I think the guy has the skills. He is the least safe of the four I list, but probably the highest upside.

4. Brockers

I think he's raw as hell, and isn't ready to start yet. But, his tools are jaw dropping. If he can be coached up, he could be a game changer.

I just don't think we need a corner that bad, and if we do, I'd much rather take Jenkins a round later. One thug ain't gonna kill us, and let's keep in mind, he had a barfight and two pot arrests. You wanted to bring in a guy who shot two people yesterday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar