Titans Hanging onto Playoffs Hopes

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

great posts from RollTide here. :applause:

2. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

no, we need Denver to beat cincy, go to titanscentral.net they have it all broken down to all our scenarios possible

3. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

BudAdams would like to read this whole thread, but he is going to wait until we beat the Bills next week to put forth the effort....

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Is this a mutated clone thread?

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Bud Adams could have found a more flattering picture of himself.

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Ah. The "Hugh Heffner" Days.

7. Becuase of strength of schedule, because we beat the skins, if they beat the rams, a better team, it makes our strength of schedule increase...

8. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Re-read that post that you put up with the link to the tie breaker. Also just think about this logically. Imagine your team beat a team flat out during the season you are both contenders for the playoffs and you do not make it on some technicality. That does not make sense.

Jets tie we lose the tie breaker. I am 100% sure on that one..

9. ezeblazin

ezeblazin Starter

BlazingArrow, but lets just say that for example, if the Jets had beaten us, but the Steelers had beaten the Jets, and we had beaten the steelers, Then who would get the higher spot??? Thats why its necessary for a head-to-head sweep, in a 3 way tie.

10. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

I understand what you are getting at but the rule states once one is eliminated in the three way rule then the others that remain go back to the two way rule.

In your secnario yes that would have to stick with what is next in the 3 or more rule. We would need for a team that beat the Jets to be in a three way tie with us AND have the same record in division. If at any point in that though the team that beat the Jets gets eliminated via confrence record or what ever and the two of us are left then we lose to the Jets in the head-to-head

"Three or More Clubs
    (Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated during any step, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of the two-club format)."

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakers

What a difference a game makes huh? Collins manages to win us that game and we hold our own destiny in the playoffs, are 4-2 in division, 2nd in division above the jags do to division record and basically would have to lose out to not make the playoffs.

I said it at the beginning of the season. Collins would cost us something big ... in this case it maybe the playoffs. (Yeah I know that is a stretch to blame that on Collins but I knew he would cause something bad to happen)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar