Titans have additional $11M in cap room

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Mar 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

#41 Ontario Titan, Mar 2, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  2. TitansAC4

TitansAC4 Starter

Wasn't Levitre looked at as a top guard when he signed? I could be wrong.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Youre right, he was regarded as that years best Guard.

4. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

At the time we signed Levitre I can't even lie I was stoked that they pulled it off. We went after the top FA of the biggest need and got him. Turned out dude was trash and basically robbed us.

It obviously hasn't panned out but it was the biggest priority and they went to address it. Suh is also the best available at our biggest area of need on D. Go get him!

5. JCBRAVE

Im fully behind getting Suh but DE is not at all our biggest issue, its OLB and CB on defense.

6. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Being a big spender in free agency has about a 5% chance of working, historically.

You build through the draft and keep your own players.

I wish people around here would realize that. So much talk of insane pie-in-the-sky scenarios involving giving players $100-million deals and then switching their positions. It's dumb.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Big Time Titan

Leave my grammar alone. I don't talk too good some times. DL isn't our biggest need but adding the best defensive player available will help out every other position on D just like AH did.

8. JCBRAVE

Suh would help, youre right about that, but honestly Dan Williams could do more for us. We have 2 good DE's, what we dont have is a full-time NT. If Im beefing up my DL Id probably be happier with the cheaper NT than the overpriced DE simply because of Ropati Pitoitua being a pretty good DE.

Of course Suh>Pitoitua, but Pitoitua+Williams>Suh

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

Usually this would be absolutely correct, but the majority of our players are scrubs. Why keep them?

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Big Time Titan

I don't know much about Williams but he will definitely be cheaper than Suh. I'm just sold on Suh, I never thought that he'd hit market and I want him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar