Titans Having Difficulties on Third and 1

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Nov 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Earlier this season, the Titans converted first downs on third-and-1 eight of nine chances. Since that time, they are one for six. "We've got to fight harder," White said. "If it's third-and-1, we've got to be able to pick it up. … I don't think just because we can't convert third-and-1 we've been losing football games. There are a lot of other issues other than third-and-1 … but there is no doubt in my mind we've got to get it." According to Kevin Mawae, it isn't about the play being called but doing a better job. "For whatever reason, we've hit this wall and we've got to find a way to overcome. … It shouldn't be an issue," Mawae said. "It's not a matter of play-calling, it's a matter of executing. And we haven't been executing on third-and-1."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

With a running back the size of lendale we can't convert 3rd and 1. Maybe the passing game is not our problem.

3. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

Also why can we go for it on 4th and 1 whith "Lenwhale" on the back, c'mon if dude can't get a yard, we may have to look somewhere else for somebody that will get that yard. And for our wideouts sunday may be the last time you will get to shine, cause if we loose it is over and all of you all will be cut for next year guaranteed!:yes:

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I'd say playcalling has a huge part in this. I've seen far too many slow developing run plays called on 3rd and short. It's so dumb. Always ends in a loss. Ahmard Hall will definitely help the 3rd and short situations once he's back, but I'm not sure when that'll be/

5. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

It sounds as if he will back in action this week. I hope he can make the difference.

6. zackmann

zackmann Guest

Right now the Tennessean could run a ton of articles all titled something like:

Titans Having Difficulties __________

Today's that blank is filled with "On Thrid and One"

Earlier it was "In the Red Zone"

Also "Rushing the QB"

And "Catching Passes"

oh ya, and "Tackling"

almost forgot...."Giving up the big play"

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It's about the OL. Botched snaps, missed assignments, etc.

Mawae is looking close to being finished the last few games. Bell hasn't been as impressive either. I haven't watched Amano enough yet to judge but it appears someone is botching something on every key third-and-short play.

The Titans have to play better in the interior on third down. There is no excuse for not making a third-and-one.

8. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Trouble converting third and one has been a problem for this team since Eddie left.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar