Titans, Henry Contract talks hit a snag

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bulluck4dMVP, Feb 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

We need a passing AND a running offense. Without a true running threat, Vince is going to be our best RB trying to avoid continual blitzing. I do not believe LenDale can carry the load as our #1 RB. We need a vet in front of LenDale. If not Henry, then someone else. If we start 07 with LenDale #1 and he doesn't pan out, we better have a good #2 sitting on the bench.
    We just missed the playoffs in 06. If we don't establish a solid running game to go with Vinces arm, we're going to just miss the playoffs this year too.

2. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

We all know we need a running threat too, but my question, which is the Front Office's main concern, and what everybody here should focus on...Is T-Hen worth 8 1/2 Mill???, me no think so.

For that type of Bread, you roll the dice on a FA (for less of course), and the draft, plus you have a starting back already in LW.

The only reason we even signed him was b/c he came cheap (I believe 3 mil or slightly less, this past season), any more than that I don't believe he ever becomes a Titan.

3. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Corey Dillon might help out as a vet backup..
    13TDs in 06, 812 yards with a 4.1yd/avg, and that was while he was sharing the load with Marony. I believe he's a much better backup than most other Vets.

If we can't reach a deal with Travis, we might as well sign this guy to mentor Lendale.
    I doubt he'll retire.

4. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

Sure I would hate to see Henry go but seriously, he is an average NFL RB. Paying a premium $ for such is absurd especially with all the help we need on defense. LenDale will perform just as good if not better the Travis. The larger concern is our depth at RB after we flush Travis. Any ideas?

5. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

I'm for keeping Henry. I'm not sure how it will shake out with the eventual/potential hand-off (no pun intended) to Lendale, but any decent team has two backs these days. Henry can carry the load for another year or so...

6. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

ahhh i dont think this guy is going anywhere

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I've been liking me some Travis Henry. :helmet:

8. Haynesworth92

Haynesworth92 Fat Albert

I don't get the LenBuddha thing.

9. Well, his bonus presumably comes due VERY soon, so he'll either have a new contract or none at all in a matter of days.

10. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

Isn't the deadline Saturday 12:00am? Or is it 3:00pm Friday? I have also heard no news on Wade and Bennett. I know that Bennett was looking towards free agency. Who else is fixing to hit free agency?... besides Brown...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar