Titans hire Ken Whisenhunt

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Shanvhere, Jan 13, 2014.

?

Happy with the Whisenhunt hire?

Poll closed Jan 22, 2014.
  1. Yes. He was my choice.

16 vote(s)
    30.2%
  2. Yes. But I wanted someone else.

17 vote(s)
    32.1%
  3. Yes. Anyone is an upgrade.

12 vote(s)
    22.6%
  4. Undecided. I'll need to wait and see.

7 vote(s)
    13.2%
  5. No. Bad choice. Could have done better.

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTH

RTH Meh...

Matt Leinart sucked, so take that for what it's worth...

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I don't give much credit to Leinart because he probably feel Whiz didn't give him enough of a shot. But I heard others yesterday say many of the same things.

It boils down to the fact that a head coach is only as good as his QB. Maybe a HC is lucky enough to have a dominating defense or running game which takes a lot of the pressure off the QB but, even in those cases, the QB has to manage the game well.

Warner was on the scrap heap when he went to AZ. With two of the best WRs in the game, the tools were there for him to be successful. And I don't blame a coach who is smart enough to listen to a vet QB and do everything in his power to put him in position to be successful. That's his job.

As for the bad seasons at AZ, it's a concern. He had a lot of injuries at QB but also made some poor choices, IMO, of young QBs.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Matt is trash LOL, he didn't even play in 2013. his last game he was 3/10 and 2 INT's

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

Paul Kuharsky@PaulKuharskyNFL 1m
    Per @mortreport: Browns DC Ray Horton and Chargers TE coach Jason Michael are leading candidates as Whiz coordinators. #Titans

5. KyTitansFan

Jim Wyatt@jwyattsports 49s
    Heard this morn the #Titans interested on SD tight ends coach Jason Michael as potential OC. He's a former West Ky QB and grad assist at UT

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

It really doesn't matter who we hire as OC. Whisenhunt is calling the plays.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. KyTitansFan

Jim Wyatt@jwyattsports 4m
    At DC, the two names I've heard are Ray Horton (Browns DC) and Keith Butler (Steelers LBs) #Titans

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

It's worth noting I suppose. And he does have a point about how Whisenhunt has had some pretty great QBs to work with over the years. But Matt Leinart most definitely has an ax to grind here. I'm pretty sure this isn't the first time he's badmouthed Whisenhunt. Sour grapes if you ask me. I think Leinart bought into his own hype and was pissed when the new HC didn't kiss his @$$ and automatically hand him the job.

Like I said earlier in the thread, I don't really care what some "never was" scrub with zero ties to this organization thinks of the hire.

9. CaptainInsano02

CaptainInsano02 Starter

Just received text that Coach Butler will NOT be Titans DC in 2014....pissed... well it was at least fun following all the Twitter stuff and seeing him be recognized like that...really appreciate all of the positive thoughts you guys had to say about him. He's a really hard worker and deserves all of the success he's had with the Steelers even though I've never been a fan of the team. Guess I'll just keep talking smack to him when we beat him in Nashville again!

10. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I'm inclined to agree with you.

Only thing that gives me pause is that you would, on the surface, expect Leinart to hate both Whisenhunt and Warner.

Whis benched him for Warner. Warner stole his job. However you want to frame it, those two were responsible.

Yet Leinart has only bad things to say about Whisenhunt and only good things to say about Warner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar