Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Titans hire new line coaches

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Jan 22, 2014.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 5 users.
  1. KyTitansFan Starter

McNair
    Moolah:
    $720
    @glennonsports: #Titans have agreed to terms with a new OL coach, Bob Bostad, and a new DL coach, Giff Smith. Bostad served as Tampa Bay's O-line coach last 2 yrs, while Smith was Buffalo's D-line coach in 2011-12. #Titans
  2. ImATitan Starter

Brown
    Moolah:
    $8,071
  3. Ensconatus Namaste

Brown
    Moolah:
    $24,650
    Tampas O line was good even without their two pro bowl guards.

Kinda like this hire.
  4. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $13,505
    I don't know anything about either guy, but I do know they aren't named Tracy Rocker and Bruce Matthews.
  5. ropy0386 Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $59
    interesting....Didn't think buffalo's d-line was that special
  6. Titans Insider Titans News

MOBILE, Ala. The Titans have agreed to terms with offensive line coach Bob Bostad and defensive line coach Giff Smith, according to sources close to the situation.

The 47 year-old Bostad served as Tampa Bay’s offensive line coach the last two years before the Buccaneers fired head coach Greg Schiano. All of his previous experience had come at the collegiate level, including a six-year stop at the University of Wisconsin from 2006-11.

Giff spent three seasons – from 2010 to 2012 – as defensive line coach at Buffalo, tutoring defensive linemen like Kyle Williams, Marcell Dareus and Mario Williams. He’s coached at several colleges, including Georgia Tech, where he was current Titans defensive end Derrick Morgan’s defensive line coach.

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News

Source: Titans Insider
  7. sirjesse Starter

Moolah:
    $380
    The way we had been hiring coaches I was kinda disappointed we didn't get bill parcels and bill cowher to be our line coaches
    PorcupineTree, Titan43 and titan520 high five this.
  8. GOFIGURETITANS Don't Do Stupid Sh't !

Locker
    Moolah:
    $857
    I personally like all the new blood. This team needed a clean sweep!
    Loser mentality and low expectations are gone! These coaches have their reps to build and protect. Not gonna be same ole same ole in Tennessee!
    dtm586 and LANGSTER high five this.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Brew City Case Race Champion

Casey
    Moolah:
    $99
    Wisconsins O line coach. I could not be happier. He has put some beasts in the NFL. Joe Thomas, Kevin Zeitler (I went to high school with him), Travis Fredrick, and many others.
  9. Msut10 Special Teams Standout

Wright
    Moolah:
    $1,382
    The Wisconsin ties is good news for our OL coach!
    titantrusince82 and Titanup1982 high five this.