Titans Home opener on TV?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Hoffa, Sep 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kstone

kstone Starter

Just wanted to pass along that the game is on the schedule for WDBJ 7 next week. So anyone that lives in that market can check it out.

2. greenwheel

greenwheel Starter

Is it blacked out if it's not a complete sellout? Say if there are 300 tickets unsold would that be blacked out?

3. kstone

kstone Starter

Sometimes when it is close to being a sellout. The TV stations in the area that show the game will buy the tickets so they will be able to show the game and it will not be blacked out.

4. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

I'm not positive but I think it is a percentage....90% i.e. Not sure though.
    I'm sure it will not be blacked out though.

5. brockalee

brockalee Camp Fodder

Jags fan here, so yes I'm a bit attuned to the blackout requirements. Surprised to see a question on blackouts for the tacks, since the only team you ever hear about having trouble selling tickets are the Jags.

But despite all the crap a lot of your fans have given us about blackouts (of which we had none neither last year nor this year) I believe you guys to have a great fan base and wish you well in selling out for your home opener.

In regards to blackouts, you must have your general bowl sold out. Premium seats (club seats & suites) do not count towards the blackout number. And yes, it is likely if you are close, a TV station, local business, or perhaps even Mr. Adams, will step up and purchase the remaining. I know your city loves your team and it would be a shame for the ones in a less fortunate position to miss them play.

The AFC south suddenly got interesting with the Texans being the team to beat, and all the QB and coaching changes that have been made. Good luck selling tickets. We need you guys to have a full stadium when we beat you on the road! :grrhee: Till then, a bow and best wishes for a competitive season!

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I kinda wish some of them would be blacked out. Would be an eye opener for BA and the FO, but I really don't see it happening.

8. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

It's not cheap but Sunday Ticket is so freakin' awesome that it's worth it (to me). I see every Raven game and any other game I want to watch or DVR. During commercials I flip to RedZone.

Actually this is part of the problem with ticket sales. It is so sweet to be in your own home, watching a huge screen in HD with surround sound and your own drinks/food/bathroom and instant replay, etc. To many it's a better experience than the game.

I still go to a couple games a year but not like when I was in MD. See ya Sunday

9. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

I take it that you and Mrs. Hoffa won't be attending the games this year?

BTW just read where the Titans/Ravens game is sold out

We are all gluttens for punishment it seems lol

10. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

We hope to make a game, or at least a tailgate...

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar