Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Titans Hopeful for Odom Return Sunday

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com A living legend.

Moolah:
    $0
    SUMMARY: With the hopeful return of DE Antwan Odom Sunday, Titans coach Jeff Fisher feels it will help keep Kyle Vanden Bosch and Travis LaBoy fresh in the DE rotation. "We’re expecting if he can play he’s going to return to the high level of play that we got out of him during training camp," Fisher said. "That’s what we’re hoping for. It’s only going to give Travis (LaBoy) an opportunity to stay fresh and do what he does best. Now Kyle (Vanden Bosch) on the other hand, he’s not fond of standing on the sideline. (It will) give him a chance to come out, catch his breath and go back in. That’s what it allows us to do, kind of get back to that wave effect that we’ve had success with."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.
  2. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $12,939
    did they ever announce what the actual injury was?
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $9,485
    Yeah. It was some kind of strange dislocation between the knee and the tibia and fibula that, believe it or not, is more common with rodeo barrel racers and paratroopers.
  3. Brian Big Fan

Moolah:
    $0
    Odom is a bust.
  4. GOFIGURETITANS Locker To Start....please

Locker
    Moolah:
    $745
    Odom will get a sack Sunday.
  5. Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    positive is good..
  6. Tennessee Guest

I would disagree, not strongly, but slightly... I think he has been effective in the way the Titans have used him.

Plus, DE was a necessity, and it is a challenge to find anyone better at end taken after him in 2004...

in his first two years with split time, he's averaged about 2 sacks a forced fumble or 2 and recovery, 11-13 QB pressures, also 1-2 TD's, plus he's good for about 45 tackles/year.

Not a bust IMO...

I'm looking forward to what he brings when he's healthy.
  7. Ewker Starter

Stevens
    Moolah:
    $2,000
    as you like to say Great Fans :ha:
  8. KptTitanFan Guest

What about Robaire Smith, is he going to be able to play any in this game? I think we need all the help we can get on both O-Line and the D-Line...
  9. Brian Big Fan

Moolah:
    $0
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.