Titans Hoping to Continue Running Success

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Oct 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: When the Titans face the Colts Monday night, there's no doubt a key to Tennessee's success will be running the football. The Titans come off a franchise-record 332 yards in a 34-10 trouncing of the Chiefs, as Chris Johnson (168 yards) and LenDale White (149 yards) became the team’s first set of 100-yard backs in the same game in 31 years. "When you think about Eddie George and Earl Campbell and all those guys that played here, it’s unbelievable," said LenDale White of the record. The Colts come in ranked 28th against the run giving up an average of 153.5 per game this season. The Colts could again be without safety Bob Sanders (high ankle sprain) who is the heart of the run defense.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

I think our running game on Monday will be very good. Not as good as it just was Sunday. But I have to give props to LENWHALE. On his break away run, that boy had wheels on him. I never knew he could do that. Way to go lenwhale.:yes:

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Shocked, I was.

[​IMG]

4. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

He died a bit after about 30 yards, but I gotta say he looked like he actually had a burst coming through the hole. Lendale with actual speed. Never thought I'd ever hear those 2 words in the same sentence. But if that was "burst" I have no words for what CJ has - in the time it took for a LB to just reach out and make the tackle Chris was already 5 yards past him. Forget his 40 yard speed - he's got the best 3 yard speed I've seen in a long long time. He can move his body 2 yards in the time it takes a lineman to move his arms 2 feet.

5. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

Well we hear all the time of guys being fast in the NFL.....but no one is CHRIS JOHNSON fast.....I almost wish Sanders would be healthy for the game, id love to see CJ burst into the secondary and make one lil move then blow past Bob, it would be a highlight for the night.

6. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

The two things that impress me the most about cj is his security of the ball and the fact that he is going so fast makes up for his "lack" of power......guy can finish off runs.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

good point - he hasn't fumbled yet, I think... and he really does lower his shoulder into tacklers to get every last inch. Pretty impressive.

8. asus64

asus64 Camp Fodder

It's true that he's fast but sometimes he needs to either slow down or read better his blockers. There was this run that he could have taken to the house if only he had cut towards the sidelines instead of the center of the field, he had a blocker and open landscape. :spud:

9. asus64

asus64 Camp Fodder

Hey, but don't get me wrong. I think the kid is great!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar