Titans in flux at linebacker

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Oct 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Goff tore his ACL again in July, so he's out for this whole season. He'd be a long term signing, but this year he's no help at all.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Nowadays only the Steelers and Giants cheat like that.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Don't sleep on Bailey and Shaw either, those guys aren't just special team scrubs, they can play.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Brackett might be a good guys to bring in as a run stuffer. At this point I wouldn't mind a Brad Kassel like guy who could come in at MLB as strickly a run stopper on early downs. Brackett is a good solid MLB IMO.

I'd even consider seeing if McCarthy could slide to the weak side on early downs with a guy like Brackett in the middle.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'd take Brackett. He'd be useless in STs tho.

6. DJB

DJB Starter

Keith Bulluck

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

How many of them are healthy though? And what kind of shape are they in?

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Second thought i think Goff is done.

Brackett was still a hell of a player 2 years ago. Now a little older and not playing all last year maybe he also is done of nobody wants him.

I would take a chance on him. Why not? He can at least play the run from tackle to tackle.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Somebody mentioned Mccarthy moving to the weak side. No, not a good idea. McCarthy may not ever be 100% all this year unless they just sit him for 3-4 more games.

Even when playing he was only a good run stopper inside when he had to stretch out and run sideline to sideline or cover somebody he labored. Not well suited to the weak side with that ankle.

Besides we have the fastest LB on the planet to play on the weak side and cover(Zach Brown). We just need the run support between the tackles.

10. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Bills fans are a bunch of drunks who spend a large portion of each game peeing in the sinks of the restrooms at Ralph Wilson stadium so they do not have to wait for a spot at the urinal trough. It is an experience being there. I recomend it but be careful and leave the kids at home.

Other "fun" things I have seen at Ralph Wilson Stadium:
    • A guy wearing a Dolphins jacket getting peed on by about a half dozen guys in the restroom
    • Various people passed out in seats from excessive alcohol
    • People trying to leave a little early when the outcome of the game is basically decided only to be threatened with physical violence if they do not stay
    • A pota-pottie outside the stadium being tipped over with a Patriots fan inside. The pregnant girlfriend/spouse of the Patriots fan started to yell at the guys who tipped the porta-pottie. She was shoved to the ground.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar