Titans in for Dre Kirkpatrick?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Mar 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TestEagles

TestEagles Practice Squad

He would be a good signing depending on the money more than anything. We're gonna need CB's who can play a lot next year though. This draft is deep at CB, and a lot of other positions, no reason we can't take some in the mid rounds. I think JRob would be best off spending big money on a proven receiver for Mariota because few of these receivers coming out are very proven.

2. Carp

Carp Starter

Kirkpatrick isn't a shutdown corner by any means imo, but he also isn't a bad corner either. Would be a solid get if we aren't interested in/don't want to pay for Ryan, Gilmore, or Bouye

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. 615nick

615nick Starter

We need at least 2 fa cbs. So even if we sign him, we'd still be looking at signing ryan, gilmore or bouye

4. Carp

Carp Starter

I doubt very much we'll spend big money on 2 FA cbs, especially given how deep the draft class is at CB. Also, we still have McCourty making big bucks unless he's cut. So, I assume they still plan on him as a starter unless something changes.

But if signing two big name CBs is the plan they go with, I'd be all for it.

5. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

You're probably right. I just hate the idea of expecting JMac to be a starter for us anymore. He is too unreliable and is simply not a #1 CB. Never was, never will be. We need to cut him or trade him away to any team willing to take him off our hands.

6. 615nick

615nick Starter

After the last couple seasons, theres no way the titans intend on mccourty playing cb1 or 2. He has consistently been falling as a cb. I think if we keep him on, its to play nb or 3rd s. The cap # doesn't matter in his case at all. We owe nothing if we cut him, so keeping him here (with 60m in cap space) is just a smart business move. If we need to cut ties at any time, we just cut ties. But, again there's a zero % chance on opening day mccourty is playing 1 or 2 and there's about a 10% chance a rook is playing cb1 or 2.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

With FA officially kicking off on Thursday, I wonder if we'll hear any leaks Monday/Tuesday.

8. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I'd like us to sign Kirkpatrick and Vern
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees this in JMac. He is not the guy and we should not be counting on him to be a starter. Time to move on, I'm ok with cutting every single DB we have on the team. They are all trash, including Searcy. Sims and Byard are worth keeping around because they're cheap and could possibly end up being decent.

9. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Well, "legal tampering" starts Tuesday so I bet the rumors fly then.

10. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I think people are disregarding Leshaun Sims a little to quickly. He playex well in the last part of the season and I think he has earned himself a starting spot opposite whoever we bring in FA.

I think when all is said and done the depth chart FA/Sims/McCain with McCourty, Reed, and a 3rd rounder competeing for roster spots.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar