Titans in No Hurry to Play Williams

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Nov 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Mike Williams was in a Titans uniform yesterday but worked with the scout team as it appears there is no hurry to get him on the field. "It's a fresh start and it's moving forward," Williams said. "People are going to talk about, 'Well he's this and he's that and he's been here and there.' The past doesn't matter and I am moving forward and I hope to make the most of this opportunity." Coach Jeff Fisher admitted it might take some time for Williams to learn the offense and work himself into better shape. "I think everybody deserves a second chance. We just need to see where this goes," Fisher said. "I am not going to make any predictions as to how soon he'll be up and active. He has a lot to learn. He hasn't been doing much over the last month or so since being released so we'll just take it one day at a time."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

"Sometimes surroundings, coaching staff, it changes things. He can do whatever he wants to do. He is going to work. They like him a lot or they wouldn't have brought him in. I know what he can do, so I am excited about it.''

-LenDale White on the Mike Williams signing

Hey.. LenDale is positive about this. Let's hope Williams is a worthwhile project.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think Mike has to know this is the last opportunity he has. He may be loaded from his original contract and doesn't need the money but I can't see anyone wasting time with the guy if he can't make the Titans roster next season.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I'm a little concerned about him not being in better shape. Just because he wasn't on a team you would think this guy would be running stairs every morning, lifting weights and maintaining himself in incredible shape so when he got the call he'd be impressive instead of in mid season having to take time to get up to par. Think about this. The guy is unemployed and when he comes in for a workout he isn't even in top shape? By God's grace Fisher and Chow are giving him this chance IMO.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Agreed. But he may actually be improved from where he was with the Raiders three weeks ago.

I hope he and LenDale find personal trainers this offseason and do what it takes to make them the best players they can be.

6. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Sorry if I'm a Debbie Downer, but I think this signing is just another addition to the growing list of Titan WR signings that went bust...

7. MDTitansFan

MDTitansFan Guest

Lendale is positive about his because he now will be over shadowed by the comments about being out of shape. I think Mike Williams has a heck of a lot of talent though. I just remember at USC when his hands were golden. He could make a one handed catch when ever he wanted. I dont really know what happened to that part of his game, because it was money.

Also i think its totally correct in saying this is his last chance, because i mean look at the revcievers we already have, if you cant do equal or better than them, then you must not be that good. So i think being that hes on a sub par receiving core, if he doesnt do better than that then hes isnt worth anything to anyone

8. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

The guy is 23 years old. Alot of growing up to do yet. I agree, this is (and should be) his last chance. Somewhere, under all the additional weight, is the player from USC. Do I think that there is a high probability that this works out?? Not at all. Do I think that the upside potential here is worth what we gave?? Absolutely. If any draft pick would have been involved in this deal I would have absolutely railed against it. All we are giving up here is 1/2 of a year at close to league minimum....worth taking this risk, IMO.

9. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

The Titans may be in no rush to play him, but Williams better be in a rush to get in shape and get on the field. If he hasn't shown anything in 4 weeks, I think he may be cut when Henry comes back from suspension.

10. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Agreed, and hopefully this has already been clearly explained to him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar