Titans in No Hurry to Play Williams

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Nov 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smili

smili Starter

Gunny, maybe you're reading the Cheesy Poofs into my post, but the article itself suggests that he looked heavy and needed to get into shape. Coach Fisher himself said "he hasn't been doing much". My post was entirely in context. I interpreted this as Williams having hung it up with is my reading of things. You obviously interpret it differently and that's OK. :yes:

Here's the exact context from the article from the Tennessean

2. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Well they gave LeWhale a strict weight that Fish said he met. Maybe they need to throw in a body fat % in along with the weight limit :ha:

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I think Williams first problem was that he was given a weight limit at his first tour of duty. He didn't take to it to well from what I recall. So we will have to see how this plays out. I really don't care about weight as much as I do that you play well. If you are fat, and play well, I don't care. If you are fat and suck that ought to be a clue to the player.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aI-DQHML9fk&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aI-DQHML9fk&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

And if you read it without picking and choosing snippets.

I'd say it has nothing to do with coming in heavy but more to do with football knowledge.

How soon he will be up and active - knowledge of playbook

Has a lot to learn - knowledge of playbook

The rest just flows on from that.

6. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Has the conversation about switching him to TE dried up?

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I'd be more optimistic if we were trying to convert him to a DE rather than leaving him as a receiver.

8. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

Any body help superman, batman somebody please get open for td!!!

9. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

According to Mortensen on Sunday NFL Countdown yesterday, Williams weighs 271.

I don't know what's more embarrassing, losing to a 3-7 team 35-6, or still claiming to be a WR at 271 lbs.

10. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

haha, yeah

I think Gloat has the right idea

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar